Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

wha'ts missing in this picture.

Killer223

• Staff
1 hour ago, Wild and Free said:

Trick question not fair.....................................You clearly asked in the title "Whats MISSING" not whats just off or not right in general:doh:

Yeah, I'm callin the United States Gaming commission :lol3:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wild and Free said:

Trick question not fair.....................................You clearly asked in the title "Whats MISSING" not whats just off or not right in general:doh:

7 hours ago, trreed said:

So I guess the correct answer is the CP3, 6.7L head, and related emissions junk is missing? Or the rest of the 12 valve is missing.

The 5.9 block is missing lol.

@killer223 do you know what is involved with retrofitting a 5.9 head on a 6.7 block? I think a quad tuned vp44 6.7 in a 2nd gen would be cool. Completely unnecessary, but cool.

Sorry i don't know much details. i know two different oil pans were mated together, a custom front gear case was milled to hold the VE pump. and it'll spin faster than most gas engines. that's really all he would tell me. it's going in a 4 door first gen. in front of a NV5600. he said the VE pump is a lot better at driving than the P pump. something about timing. has a second gen breather. i told him of the PVC mod i read about here.

sorry for misleading. my bad....

he's building another that i wasn't aloud to take pics of, front case had 2 CP3's  something about a 2000 HP engine for a race.

speaking of races.Baja 1K starts tonight at midnight.

• Like 2

• Owner
22 hours ago, Killer223 said:

came across this little beauty. sure wouldn't mind having one of my own.

IMG_7253.JPG

The block is all set up wrong for our purpose. Lift pump hole is forward. No vacuum pump and power steering pump. Oil fill hole is in the #1 valve cover insted of the gear case like it should be. It is a VE pump for sure with no high pressure lines but it also appears to be a non-stand throttle maybe an agriculture version?  Intake horn should be one set of hole forward if I'm not mistaken. 

36 minutes ago, Killer223 said:

and it'll spin faster than most gas engines.

How does he manage this?  Did he find a super set of VE governor springs?  Or manage to somehow under drive the pump by more than 1/2 but keep the firing order of the pump and pistons synchronized?