• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fleence unit is terrible for controlling the he351ve.  The lilbb.com unit is better, but the he351ve is not for the non DIY type of person.  It is a great turbo when tuned right for the truck, however mistuned it is not good.   It is up to you to tune it.

Something in the 60 mm inducer range, will be good for 400 hp, 62 gets you into the 500.  

Again I would very much suggest you call DAP and talk to them. They are helpful

13 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

How would the sxe/HE351 donwith my stock injectors if I waited until they went out to get the 7x0.10,s?

I think this question got. overlooked somehow, or maybe I overlooked the answer. 

I do not know nearly as much about this stuff as some of these other guys do but believe you would hate trying to spool an SXE on stock injectors.  It would be a slow process to say the least.  The metaphorical cart before the horse comes to mind.  

Here are the issues I see that my .02 feels need to be addressed long before a charger or parts for a charger are purchased.  

1. Over the years, and through 3 different trucks, (all 3 of which I have done some sort of tuning or mods too) I have read a lot of stories were it seems folks jump straight from the shallow end to the over their head end of these trucks..... On the cummins forum or power stroke nation thats one thing, but here I feel like we are a bit more friends and  family oriented and no one here wants to see someone have issues with their rig.  The caveat to that is the people here are so good, and so knowledgeable, sometimes the answer you get is a direct answer to the question you have rather than maybe the answer you need to hear for the things you are overlooking.  Maybe you should perform the needed supporting mods first and see how you like the change.

I may be off base here and/or overlooked something while reading so I apologize if I did.  I by no means intend any ill will towards you but rather, want to see you happy with an end result rather than frustrated with a current situation you put your self in.

2.  I see in your sig its on the truck but I read in the first couple of posts you have a FASS going in soon.  Is it actually installed on the truck an running?  IF it is not, you will have to have a better fueling system in place prior to making any further HP jumps. IMO.

3. Do you run the EJWA on low settings or what? Even on stock injectors I find it hard to believe your clutch is going to hold up very long on much over a 60 hp tune unless you are driving miss daisy all the time.  You will have to have an upgraded clutch for the type of power you are wanting to make.

4.  To answer your above question: If you do not have the injectors to support the turbo you want, you need to do that 1st, not second, larger turbos spool off of fuel and stock injectors just aren't going to cut it here.

5. Do you have gauges to see what is going on with your truck so you know if there is an issue with fuel pressure or EGT's.  These are a must if you do not.  

I agree with Me78569.  A phone call to DAP is in order for you.  I am not sure what kind of funds you have to throw at this endeavor, but sometimes its a lot easier to spend a touch more money and save a lot more time than save a little money and waste a lot more time.

For the record so you know why I am saying what I say. I am somewhat in the same boat as you.... just a little closer to the falls.  I can easily run my HX35 out of its map if I really get into it, but I very rarely ever do that, and for the most part, my EGT's are easily manageable even towing upwards of 8-10k on 5x5. My truck tows and runs fantastic, however   I am starting to stash away money to go with the SXE 62/68/12 or 14 just for peace of mind and something different to me as I have ran my current mods for years.  Other than swapping out to an HX40 downpipe and or clocking it a little, the SXE should be relatively a drop in turbo that I can easily clear 450 WHP with the mods I have.  

I love to tinker on my truck, but when I need it, I need it.  I don't want to be spending two weeks (if it goes good) getting all the needed stuff to work out with the HE351 ( i have considered it many times)....  I have two projects in my shop right this minute I haven't had the time to complete.  I don't need another one.  I am sure I overlooked something else I intended to put in here and again I don't intend to offend you, just want to see you happy at the end of the ordeal.  Good luck and by all means, fill me in on what I overlooked.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gamble said:

I think this question got. overlooked somehow, or maybe I overlooked the answer. 

I do not know nearly as much about this stuff as some of these other guys do but believe you would hate trying to spool an SXE on stock injectors.  It would be a slow process to say the least.  The metaphorical cart before the horse comes to mind.  

Here are the issues I see that my .02 feels need to be addressed long before a charger or parts for a charger are purchased.  

1. Over the years, and through 3 different trucks, (all 3 of which I have done some sort of tuning or mods too) I have read a lot of stories were it seems folks jump straight from the shallow end to the over their head end of these trucks..... On the cummins forum or power stroke nation thats one thing, but here I feel like we are a bit more friends and  family oriented and no one here wants to see someone have issues with their rig.  The caveat to that is the people here are so good, and so knowledgeable, sometimes the answer you get is a direct answer to the question you have rather than maybe the answer you need to hear for the things you are overlooking.  Maybe you should perform the needed supporting mods first and see how you like the change.

I may be off base here and/or overlooked something while reading so I apologize if I did.  I by no means intend any ill will towards you but rather, want to see you happy with an end result rather than frustrated with a current situation you put your self in.

2.  I see in your sig its on the truck but I read in the first couple of posts you have a FASS going in soon.  Is it actually installed on the truck an running?  IF it is not, you will have to have a better fueling system in place prior to making any further HP jumps. IMO.

3. Do you run the EJWA on low settings or what? Even on stock injectors I find it hard to believe your clutch is going to hold up very long on much over a 60 hp tune unless you are driving miss daisy all the time.  You will have to have an upgraded clutch for the type of power you are wanting to make.

4.  To answer your above question: If you do not have the injectors to support the turbo you want, you need to do that 1st, not second, larger turbos spool off of fuel and stock injectors just aren't going to cut it here.

5. Do you have gauges to see what is going on with your truck so you know if there is an issue with fuel pressure or EGT's.  These are a must if you do not.  

I agree with Me78569.  A phone call to DAP is in order for you.  I am not sure what kind of funds you have to throw at this endeavor, but sometimes its a lot easier to spend a touch more money and save a lot more time than save a little money and waste a lot more time.

For the record so you know why I am saying what I say. I am somewhat in the same boat as you.... just a little closer to the falls.  I can easily run my HX35 out of its map if I really get into it, but I very rarely ever do that, and for the most part, my EGT's are easily manageable even towing upwards of 8-10k on 5x5. My truck tows and runs fantastic, however   I am starting to stash away money to go with the SXE 62/68/12 or 14 just for peace of mind and something different to me as I have ran my current mods for years.  Other than swapping out to an HX40 downpipe and or clocking it a little, the SXE should be relatively a drop in turbo that I can easily clear 450 WHP with the mods I have.  

I love to tinker on my truck, but when I need it, I need it.  I don't want to be spending two weeks (if it goes good) getting all the needed stuff to work out with the HE351 ( i have considered it many times)....  I have two projects in my shop right this minute I haven't had the time to complete.  I don't need another one.  I am sure I overlooked something else I intended to put in here and again I don't intend to offend you, just want to see you happy at the end of the ordeal.  Good luck and by all means, fill me in on what I overlooked.

Thanks for the input! Appreciate it! @Me78569 did mention that the sxe would not spool well with stock injectors. 

I do not have a Fass 150 pump yet. Currently runnin a Fass ddrp with 16 to 17 psi at idle and 13 15 wot. 

I normally keep the Juice on 3 or 4 and 6 when I wanna play. But let me tell you I baby my truck and have never put it too the floor! Lol 

If I did the He351cw would it matter if I did injectors first Or last? If it matters than I would be installing injectors and turbo at the same time.

I have a Cs2 for guages. Would eventually like to have a isspro set. :thumb1:

I left dap a message yesterday so hope too hear from them tomorrow! 

What hp is a stock clutch good too? 

Ifs my understanding that with v2 tuning which will be purchased before injectors and turbo that I can define the truck too lower power levels which may be in order to save my clutch until it dies or I decide to go with a Southbend Dd clutch. 

With full qaud tuning and injectors and turbo I estimate a 450 to 500 hp truck which is plenty for me and if there is a smaller setup to get around 400 to 450 pleAse fill me in! 

And fyi FYI I have never slipped the clutch no matter how hard I punched it on level 6! 

39 minutes ago, Gamble said:

1. Over the years, and through 3 different trucks, (all 3 of which I have done some sort of tuning or mods too) I have read a lot of stories were it seems folks jump straight from the shallow end to the over their head end of these trucks..... On the cummins forum or power stroke nation thats one thing, but here I feel like we are a bit more friends and  family oriented and no one here wants to see someone have issues with their rig.

That’s why I have come too love this forum far more than any other. I have seen threads on cummins forum where people are just out to get each other and that’s not what the forum is for! I really appreciate the fact that the problem here are lookin out for you and don’t mean harm in any way. No offense to any cf guys that are here! :wink:

• Staff
Just now, Me78569 said:

Yep, like I said by the time you get it all said and done a modded cw is going to get you most of the way to a new turbo.  

Yes it can. It just depends on what you want it to do. 

The modded HE351 is better at low/mid rpm towing than most aftermarket turbos. It will lack the upper rpms of a aftermarket turbo but it comes down to usage.