• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I'd just call them and ask to be sure if that's where you're getting them from or tag them here. I'm just guessing on washer thickness style dependent, I don't think it's sac vs vco more like thickness of nozels where washers go, some may be machined differently. I would think most will use standard. It also may have something to do with spray angle, where in the bawl it will spray, I'm just thinking out loud here not really sure. 

10 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I'd just call them and ask to be sure if that's where you're getting them from or tag them here. I'm just guessing on washer thickness style dependent, I don't think it's sac vs vco more like thickness of nozels where washers go, some may be machined differently. I would think most will use standard. It also may have something to do with spray angle, where in the bawl it will spray, I'm just thinking out loud here not really sure. 

Right on. I was thinking I would get them from Cummins but somewhere on CF I read that someone paid over 60$ for a o ring kit when you can get much cheaper at DAP or elsewhere. I called the nearest diesel shop and they have everything I need but theyre 45 minute drive. Ill prob end up going and getting from there. Anyone have tips or tricks for injector swaps? I reads @Mopar1973Man article on removal and install so I feel comfortable digging in. 

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

Takes me 1.5 hours to change out injectors on a hot engine. Ask @hex0rz about his swap I did at 7pm at night in my yard.

LOL! I expect it to take me a little longer but we will see! With your article to help me it should be a breeze! How hard is it to access injectors 5 and 6? Of course there is some brackets and parts that need to be removed for access. 

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just the rear hoist ring with two 15mm bolts. Just pull all the 10mm bolts holding the injection lines. 8mm bolts in the injector hold downs. Apps sensor and intake horn. That's about it.

Shouldn't be hard! Looking forward to this extra mpg and power lol. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is a toasted clutch. I was talking to someone about it and they acted like injectors would slip a clutch faster than a tuner. Is this so? I have yet to slip it with an Edge Juice. Guy I bought my truck from said it was the original clutch but who knows. 

This is off topic but 98% of the time when I go into reverse it wont go unless I sort of ease the stick up and k=let the clutch out at the same time. Is this a sign of my clutch going south? 

1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Shouldn't be hard! Looking forward to this extra mpg and power lol. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is a toasted clutch. I was talking to someone about it and they acted like injectors would slip a clutch faster than a tuner. Is this so? I have yet to slip it with an Edge Juice. Guy I bought my truck from said it was the original clutch but who knows. 

This is off topic but 98% of the time when I go into reverse it wont go unless I sort of ease the stick up and k=let the clutch out at the same time. Is this a sign of my clutch going south? 

Most likely not. Mine 6 speed is like that has been since new. The second one too, on both new and old clutches. Sometime she goes right in and others not. Sometimes I will drop into a high gear and then to reverse and it slips right in.

7 minutes ago, dripley said:

Most likely not. Mine 6 speed is like that has been since new. The second one too, on both new and old clutches. Sometime she goes right in and others not. Sometimes I will drop into a high gear and then to reverse and it slips right in.

Exactly what mine does. I’m sure it’s just he norm

• 2 years later...
  • Owner
On 9/30/2020 at 10:17 AM, Cadence Bradshaw said:

i have  a 2000 dodge cummins with a banks tuner and its got the 5 speed automatic trans, would i hurt it if i did 50 horse injectors?

Correction its a 4 speed auto transmission 47RE in a 2000.

An automatic transmission is weak in stock form. Personally I would go from the Bank to Quadzilla this way you have control of timing for MPG purpose and then you can write a good light defuel curve to launching with an auto to prevent damage. You can start off with a fair amount of defuel and then grow it up on the upper end preventing transmission damage. This is not possible with a Banks tuner. Banks is a canned tuner designed for stock injectors and stockish timing.

Like my "Economy Tune" start off light and keep the power down till about 12 PSI of boost then by 15 PSI my wire tap can kick in for added power but done cleanly no smoke. Being I've managed to shear off 5th gear at 80 MPH. But the wire tap is so high that I never reach wire tap in normal driving.

Screenshot_20201004-071633_iQuad.jpg

You can tune the timing in and gain upwards of about 2 to 4 MPG if done properly. Most canned tuners are designed strictly for stock injectors. Now adding larger injectors typically you have to start advancing timing. 

Screenshot_20201004-071723_iQuad.jpg

• Quadzilla Adrenaline 180 HP
  • DAP 150 HP injectors (7 x 0.010 @ 320 bar)
  • BHAF
  • HX35/40 Hybrid turbo
  • 4 inch Diamond Eye exhuast
  • NV4500 Transmission
  • 3.55 Gears with 245 tires with a final ratio of 3.69:1 to the pavement. 
  • 422k miles and clocking!

Edited by Mopar1973Man