• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have a 1998.5 dodge cummins I pull a 40 ft trailer with  it runs good untill warm up then goes in limp mode has codes po743,po463,p1693,p1690 it only goes in limp mode on days that are 70 degrees or higher and will fix itself if temp outside drops below 70ish 

1 hour ago, Judge said:

I have a 1998.5 dodge cummins I pull a 40 ft trailer with  it runs good untill warm up then goes in limp mode has codes po743,po463,p1693,p1690 it only goes in limp mode on days that are 70 degrees or higher and will fix itself if temp outside drops below 70ish 

Do you know what the codes mean? If not read up here... https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/24-valve-2nd-generation_50/51_engine/obdii-error-codes_94/

Next time it does it dump cold water on vp44 and see if it helps, almost sounds like lead free solder problem in psg of vp. Is vp original or reman. This is just a guess and I might be off and sometimes this problem won't give you codes ether. 

On the other hand it may just be a bad crank sensor. 

Trans works good codes are from switch for lock up I will try water trick monday ran good today it was cool outside thanks

codes were pulled with a cheap scanner it is the 3rd pump have good fuel pressure 

• Owner

As far as I know that all certified rebuilders have to replace the PSG module with a Bosch supplied module during the rebuilding process. Rebuilders are not supposed to re-use the electronics. So this means that every pump has to go through the Bosch 815 test stand to be calibrated and have the PSG flashed after passing 3 hours of calibration and testing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

As far as I know that all certified rebuilders have to replace the PSG module with a Bosch supplied module during the rebuilding process. Rebuilders are not supposed to re-use the electronics. So this means that every pump has to go through the Bosch 815 test stand to be calibrated and have the PSG flashed after passing 3 hours of calibration and testing. 

I did not dig to deep on this but Blue Chip still offers a pump with a used upgraded PSG on it; I know they do not build their own pumps so that has to make you think.

• Like 1