• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Drive train info

Dieselfuture

Is MPH accurate if all filled in information is correct. Trying to figure out how far my I'm off and who's lying,  my speedo, GPS or quad. 

My truck info 6spd, 3.55, 285/70/17 Tire circumference comes out to 102.7 in. I have to have it at 97 in. to match my speedo at 70mph, GPS says I'm going 70.7 mph. If i set it to 102.7 quad will jump to 75 mph. 

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Seems to be really close +-1/2 mile play with it a bit to get it where you think it needs to be. I still don't know if I want to trust GPS fully.

You could always test with another GPS if you're worried, but to my knowledge, there aren't many methods of land speed measurement that are more accurate than GPS. Even radar can come up short if the angle is not 100% perfect.

Edited by kzimmer