• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

34 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

Please explain how those of us running 30psi have not pushed a seal out? How stock trucks with under 10psi push the seal out? It is NOT a pressure problem.

Wow !,,,, 30 psi to a vp44,,, You da man !

• Owner
22 hours ago, jlbayes said:

Please explain how those of us running 30psi have not pushed a seal out? How stock trucks with under 10psi push the seal out? It is NOT a pressure problem.

That what I was going to ask you why have I found 3 people with the seal hanging on the shaft and blown out of the pump with 30 PSI? Then diesel fuel just dumping in the gear case?

Edited by Mopar1973Man

What about polyurethane bushing replacement instead of replacing the whole track bar?

Dont the 2001s have the rubber bushings in each end that a bolt goes through ?

18 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

What about polyurethane bushing replacement instead of replacing the whole track bar?

Dont the 2001s have the rubber bushings in each end that a bolt goes through ?

Bushing at the axle. Ball stud at the frame.

• Owner
33 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

I think he's thinking 3rd Gen track bar. 

13 minutes ago, dripley said:

Bushing at the axle. Ball stud at the frame.

Typically the ball stud fails on 2nd Gen track bars.

• Like 1

Ball stud at the frame.

My 99 has the ball and stud at the frame

Ive been thinking all this time they changed that in 2001 to a bushing and through bolt

Well, how come you guys havent installed a after market bracket and a 3rd gen bar?

I thought you all did that already  :think::popcorn::cheers:

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That what I was going to ask you why have I found 3 people with the seal hanging on the shaft and blown out of the pump with 30 PSI? Then diesel fuel just dumping in the gear case?

Why do I have around 10 people with completely stock trucks and failed front seals? 

4 hours ago, GSP7 said:

My 99 has the ball and stud at the frame

Ive been thinking all this time they changed that in 2001 to a bushing and through bolt

Well, how come you guys havent installed a after market bracket and a 3rd gen bar?

I thought you all did that already  :think::popcorn::cheers:

Some have some have not. I have not. Installed my 3rd one 20k or so ago, including the OE one. Still happy with what i have.

Hi, all. Looks like the problem was in fact the ball and spring. Pressure issue fixed!

Low power not as much boost issue, was my IAT mis-reading the temp. It was reading 9.75k ohms at 70 degress which is closer to the 78 degree range.... I pulled it, cleaned it, and retested it. Improved to 11.74k ohms which was better, but should hould have been closer to the 13k ohms. I order a new one. 

Drove the truck power and boost is back to normal along with lower egts. 

Thanks for the help!!

• Like 1

How do you know what temp your IAT is?

Do you have some special computer read out thingy you got plugged in to your scanner plug at the bottom of the dash ?

Yeah ,,,  all I have is a scan tool . :think:

Edited by GSP7

Whats a scan gauge II do ?  Give a actual 'value' read out of every computer sensor on a vehicle

If read some thread long time ago that mentioned a scan gauge II

Edited by GSP7

37 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

Whats a scan gauge II do ?  Give a actual 'value' read out of every computer sensor on a vehicle

If read some thread long time ago that mentioned a scan gauge II

It does not read everything and the sample rates are slow. It also reads and clears trouble codes. It is pricey compared to what Mike uses. His uses the ODB port transmits info to an Android device I believe. It's alot cheaper and better.

Edited by dripley

Alllllright last thing I discovered is what caused the sound of my engine to change...... "injector rattle" caused from timing?  

(See the attached pic of my timing... 28* @3000, 30* max and canbus fueling. With no wire tap.)

My question is..... this seems to be caused by high timing, low boost and low fuel load? .... possibly map sensor? 

Will keeping my timing the same and adding fuel help? Or will just pulling timing help? 

Lastly does this harmful to the engine/injectors?

Screenshot_2018-03-27-15-47-51-1.png

Edited by 01dodge24v5.9
Typo