Jump to content
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

    We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Marcus2000monster

Everyone post a picture of your truck!

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I gotcha. Your Ford wheels look just like the older Alcoas. I was told it was only 95-97 Ford wheels that where forged by Alcoa because they were so expensive.

 

If you have time to post up a close up of your wheels I can tell you if they are Alcoas. I have 3 sets of them because craiglist folks didn't know what they are and got them affordable that way.

I know! I found a full set with caps for $100 locally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 98whitelightnin said:

I believe these came off of a 2002 f-250. 

In 1999 when Ford changed body styles of the F250-550 Superduty they went to a metric bolt pattern of 8-170mm. I'm sure they are from the 97 and older.  :2cents:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BBHD said:

In 1999 when Ford changed body styles of the F250-550 Superduty they went to a metric bolt pattern of 8-170mm. I'm sure they are from the 97 and older.  :2cents:

I heard the the vans continued to use the old bolt pattern for a few more years after the trucks changed.  I don't know how much truth there is to that, but have seen it mentioned a couple times in the Ford forums. 

 

I had a set of the Alcoas on my 93, I traded a guy a set of 17x9 chrome wheels for them.  They were the uncoated conversion Alcoas though, so you had to keep them clean or they corroded.  They also didn't have the notches/holes for the ford center caps so I got some aftermarket caps that attached to the lugs.  Unfortunately, all the front caps required the notches so I used rear caps with holes cut in them on the front. 

 

WP_20141011_006.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I cool yet? Last year for Xmas I got a Smarty S03 for the dually, and this year for my birthday I get a Quad! Super excited for what's in store for the Street Truck, Little White! Goodbye Edge, hello custom tuning!

IMG_20190128_155325.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 hours ago, 98whitelightnin said:

Now that I think about it, they are from a 97, not an 02

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yep those are the real McCoy :thumb1:. They even have a better sounding ring to them than the cast wheels. Them things are still available new and are over 300 bucks each.

 

A forged wheel is amazing. Alcoas website shows their forged wheels side by side with steel wheels in a huge press. They press down on the steel wheel and on the Alcoa wheel with equal pressure. The steel wheel ends up distorted and damaged, but next to it, in the other press, the Alcoa bounces back to its original shape no damage.

 

Get those lead weights off the front though.or you'll get a reaction (different metals) that is hard to remove. It can ruin them.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some sweet trucks on here.  Got a little crazy on mine in a few ways.  Shortbed conversion was probably my best use of insanity.  First time I ever cut a truck in half...wasn't too hard but a ton of work. 

20140911_173921.jpg.eb3c4d23c4ed1f63e24a12d293b8f797.jpg

20140911_173905.jpg.f7b538f4b0eeea48393ba69aa3dfc842.jpg

20140917_184828.jpg.259de1c4fc54db78cf0d7e58000d37d4.jpg

20140916_174135.jpg.54a074b70573919c2bb432b62cc6f7ab.jpg

20140926_115251.jpg.933542dcc3c886c62eeaeedfdc5ac948.jpg

20141010_103737.jpg.ff476ef8255e66d4b082ff8b420a8a7a.jpg

20180820_190801.jpg.773758cd784db72894b4b508ecddf4ac.jpg

20180820_190827.jpg.b78816ec2645c3d45ac31b8f6918b45b.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bullet said:

Some sweet trucks on here.  Got a little crazy on mine in a few ways.  Shortbed conversion was probably my best use of insanity.  First time I ever cut a truck in half...wasn't too hard but a ton of work. 

20140911_173921.jpg.eb3c4d23c4ed1f63e24a12d293b8f797.jpg

20140911_173905.jpg.f7b538f4b0eeea48393ba69aa3dfc842.jpg

20140917_184828.jpg.259de1c4fc54db78cf0d7e58000d37d4.jpg

20140916_174135.jpg.54a074b70573919c2bb432b62cc6f7ab.jpg

20140926_115251.jpg.933542dcc3c886c62eeaeedfdc5ac948.jpg

20141010_103737.jpg.ff476ef8255e66d4b082ff8b420a8a7a.jpg

20180820_190801.jpg.773758cd784db72894b4b508ecddf4ac.jpg

20180820_190827.jpg.b78816ec2645c3d45ac31b8f6918b45b.jpg

Good job man! Not my style but a defiantly a piece of art. Couldn’t have been easy!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bullet said:

Some sweet trucks on here.  Got a little crazy on mine in a few ways.  Shortbed conversion was probably my best use of insanity.  First time I ever cut a truck in half...wasn't too hard but a ton of work. 

20140911_173921.jpg.eb3c4d23c4ed1f63e24a12d293b8f797.jpg

20140911_173905.jpg.f7b538f4b0eeea48393ba69aa3dfc842.jpg

20140917_184828.jpg.259de1c4fc54db78cf0d7e58000d37d4.jpg

20140916_174135.jpg.54a074b70573919c2bb432b62cc6f7ab.jpg

20140926_115251.jpg.933542dcc3c886c62eeaeedfdc5ac948.jpg

20141010_103737.jpg.ff476ef8255e66d4b082ff8b420a8a7a.jpg

20180820_190801.jpg.773758cd784db72894b4b508ecddf4ac.jpg

20180820_190827.jpg.b78816ec2645c3d45ac31b8f6918b45b.jpg

May I ask if it's top heavy or anything? Being lifted and having a short wheel base?

Edited by TheGreatWhite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

May I ask if it's top heavy or anything? Being lifted and having a short wheel base?

Not at all...drives very flat and stable.  The 12" wide wheels are deep and kick out the tires better than 2.5 inches on each side.  Also I'm running 1.5" wheel spacers to kick the tires out even more.  So at the same time it got lifted 12 inches the distance between the outsides of the tires increased about 8-9 inches. 

Edited by Bullet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bullet said:

Not at all...drives very flat and stable.  The 12" wide wheels are deep and kick out the tires better than 2.5 inches on each side.  Also I'm running 1.5" wheel spacers to kick the tires out even more.  So at the same time it got lifted 12 inches the distance between the outsides of the tires increased about 8-9 inches. 

Sounds like a good ratio to keep from tipping over! My girlfriends cousin just put a 6in. lift on his 90s Ford and keeping his 16in rims and 31s..... Kinda curious how that'll go.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Some quick photos of my dirty truck leaving work yesterday. Looking forward to the new Bluetop steering gear! 

4F63C541-6ECC-4B37-884E-BC5FAF00D18D.jpeg

33C05615-2ACE-4DE9-986E-CBF58E045097.jpeg

Nice QCSB Marcus!  I see you are getting plenty of snow up there... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bullet said:

Nice QCSB Marcus!  I see you are getting plenty of snow up there... 

Thanks! Actually we have had N extreme mild winter. 8 degrees this morning is the coldest I’ve seen yet. Usually see negative 20-30 degrees by now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Sounds like a good ratio to keep from tipping over! My girlfriends cousin just put a 6in. lift on his 90s Ford and keeping his 16in rims and 31s..... Kinda curious how that'll go.....

Sounds like you already know how it's gonna go...and I think I agree with you.  Yeah the height to width ratio makes a big difference! 

3 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Thanks! Actually we have had N extreme mild winter. 8 degrees this morning is the coldest I’ve seen yet. Usually see negative 20-30 degrees by now. 

Holy cow...lowest I've seen here so far this winter is 33 and even that was pretty uncomfortable.  I can't imagine single digits, much less negatives.  You got thicker skin than me...or some serious parka...or both! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're dipping to -30 in Iowa tonight according to news. It was -20 on the way to work this morning. Already seen few trucks on side of the road. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still -26 here in Wisconsin somehow winter arrived here in Wisconsin with fury around mid January wind chills are close to 50F below I'd post a new picture of my truck but haven't put my replacement bumper on...  some dumb broad ran into me with daddy's Escalade in a parking lot.  I was walking out of the store watched it happen and then due to distance watched her drive away leaving parts of the Escalade in the parking lot at least I got the plates...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_20180317_162136653.jpg.3cd88ae329428ea569d31d969aae446b.jpg

 

Picked this one up a year ago. Had a 2006 2500 with the hemi before this gal. FB_IMG_1539099212396.jpg.5c7dd88c38b2008f771f4ff8b14bfeda.jpg

 

Said we couldn't get 100 bales on there. This was back in 2016.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 10:33 AM, Jess said:

IMG_20180317_162136653.jpg.3cd88ae329428ea569d31d969aae446b.jpg

 

Picked this one up a year ago. Had a 2006 2500 with the hemi before this gal. FB_IMG_1539099212396.jpg.5c7dd88c38b2008f771f4ff8b14bfeda.jpg

 

Said we couldn't get 100 bales on there. This was back in 2016.

Nice truck! Looks very sharp!

Wouldn’t mind seeing some more pics!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...