• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rock auto will sell you the same brand name products as anyone. Just becomes a matter of where you can get the better price. Their shipping is good to the point that I usually get things quicker than they advertise, though occasionally that does not happen as with anyone else. I have received core credits quickly after their receipt of the cores providing the shipper gets them there promptly. If you have questions call them and the will answer them. I have had no issues with them. As far as getting heavier duty springs than what came on the truck I would not do it unless you plan on carrying the extra load the majority of the time or the truck will beat on you more than normal. Of course if you plan on carrying that load by all means beef it up. You wont know until you are empty and just riding around town. The air bags you are interested in will take up the slack that the oe springs lack when you are loaded.

• 10 months later...

Hi Steward,

Did you get the Moog CC1712 springs?

I am also looking these springs from Rock Auto $109 for my 1999 Ram 2500 CTD.

If you did and installed them, are you satisfied with them? 

Having hard time finding feedback on Ram coil spring replacements these stock level trucks.  All comments are for these trucks that had been lifted.

Would appreciate feedback from any one regarding stock aftermarket front coil spring replacement.

Bob G.

Update,

Received the Moog CC1712 springs from Rock Auto on Saturday. Was shipped from Hampstead, NY by FedEx for $23. The springs where made in good old USA! The box weighted 54 lbs. Each spring is 25 lbs and are slightly tall than my old coils.

Looking forward to get the front axle reinstall. It should be done with in the next two weeks. Will post again after the axle is in update regarding how much lift.

Bob G.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

DF - Thanks for the response,

Yes those springs are Moog progressive variable rate springs.  Both Moog CC1710 and CC1712 are VR springs which are replacement for Mopar #38 and #39. 

Took ok off today since weather is warmer and sunny to paint the front axle. Going out now to but the last top coat on.

Hoping to install the axle this weekend but calling rain or snow.

Bob G.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing! I had no idea Rock Auto had springs for the front of ours. Sometime I want to do mine. It had a plow rigging on the front and a hydro seeder on the back before I bought it. Was so much constant weight on the back that it popped open the clips that keep the leafs together. Both ends are tired.

Ok Sprayed the front axle with POR15 and top coated with Rustoleum last Wednesday.  Installed the front axle on Saturday with new Moog CC1712 front spring set.

Measured the installed front coil springs...

Driver Side Loaded Height: 14 7/8"     Bumper-Axle Gap:  3 5/8"

Pass. Side Loaded Height:  15 1/8".    Bumper-Axle Gap:  3 7/8"

Do these numbers look right for s standard stock #8600 lb truck?

Thanks,

Bob G.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Agree with what every one has said. 

Truck is on a gentle concrete slope in front of my shop.  So glad to see the front axle finally hanging there since it was removed four months ago.  Planned to hang the traction bar to see the change. Right now as the truck sits, C-C is 36" and on the traction bar measured C-C about 38" .

On Sunday scrambled to get the traction bar, sway bars, drag link and tie rod link degreased, wire brush, POR 15 and then Rustoleum top coated twice before it rained in the late afternoon.

We are suppose to get 5 to 8" of snow tonight and freezing rain in the morning.  Hoping to get the axles and hubs in tonight.

Debating at this point to just throw the old coils back in to compared.  Wished I had done that before pulling the front axle out. 

Bob G.

image.jpeg

Edited by JD435

• 1 year later...

Hi Jman,

Well thank you for your question.  This truck is still project truck. Currently way laid with other projects.

I am happy way the truck sits.  Expect it will ride well.  In the thread below on July 25 2019, there is a picture of the truck in the background on my concrete pad.

https://mopar1973man.com/topic/16281-99-ole-rusty-cab-rust/?&page=2#comments

Will post a current photo this weekend when weather is nicer (not raining).

Bob G.

Hi Jman,

Well thank you for your question.  This truck is still project truck. Currently way laid with other projects.

I am happy way the truck sits.  Expect it will ride well.  In the thread below on July 25 2019, there is a picture of the truck in the background on my concrete pad.

https://mopar1973man.com/topic/16281-99-ole-rusty-cab-rust/?&page=2#comments

Will post a current photo this weekend when weather is nicer (not raining).

Bob G.

Ok here is the truck as it sits on the concrete pad.

4D58E591-1DFA-453A-AAF8-957CA789B64F.jpeg