• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just now, Marcus2000monster said:

I do have a boost fooler donut should work fine right? Obviously it ships from China?

I did not know you had a boost fooler, in my understanding you can adjust your wastegate all you want with adjustable boost elbows/etc but ECM is what's going to limit your fueling unless you get a box that fulls it.

Just now, Dieselfuture said:

I did not know you had a boost fooler, in my understanding you can adjust your wastegate all you want with adjustable boost elbows/etc but ECM is what's going to limit your fueling unless you get a box that fulls it.

Gotcha. Well I’ll get one on the way so I can get it when I get the Qaud. Anyone wanna loan me 675$? Jk lol

Ordered two of them just in Case one breaks. 

On 5/2/2018 at 6:22 AM, trreed said:

Yes. HX35 has a divided exhaust housing. And yes, there is no issues with running and undivided gasket on a divided setup like ours. When you put a divided gasket on an undivided housing is when you start asking for trouble. 

A pair of tin snips mitigates this problem... Ask me how I know, haha.

On 5/5/2018 at 5:16 PM, Ed ke6bnl said:

I did recheck the boost gage and it is correct, mine will only develope a max of 28 psi, but I relocated every thing so it is easy to access and will be able to maybe cut some of the spring and do some tests, That does make sense, that it would have to bleed back or the check valve would keep it pressurized. thanks for the input.

Don't cut the spring. If you are looking for more boost, assuming you have enough fuel and don't have any boost leaks or other problems, if anything you need MORE spring, not less spring. You could add a shim. But honestly, if your tightened all the way, then there's a boost leak or you don't haven't enough fuel.

I'm glad that everyone is having good results with this, I was a little worried after posting that I would be the only one that liked it! Mine worked great until I snapped the input shaft on the 47RE. No plans to get the truck running again this year... I have a wedding to pay for. I won't be around here much for a while. The 2014 Hemi 1500 will get a little love... And the 2003 Jetta TDI will get just just enough love to keep moving. Can't complain with a 45mpg car that'll roast the tires I guess.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The j hook just holds the waste gate closed and the boost controller can be set to open the waste gate at a certain psi of your choice.

Though that takes some trial and error from what I have read here.

Edited by dripley

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, rogerash0 said:

Mine never came from eBay and it says they no longer sell it. First time I've had something not show up legitimately

Same here, just wrote them another email last night. Good thing it was only a few bucks. First time they replied that they will send another since first one never showed up, well second one never showed up either no response, nothing I'm done buying from China sellers on eBay. Funny thing this was first time I even tried buying anything from China