• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Choosing the right turbo

10 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

U want a turbo get a Borg sxe s362 68 apg turbo has the  cheapest price they also cast their own exhaust housings I'm running one of there 14s and like it a lot it all comes down to what u do quad is the way to go for tuning tho 

What exactly is thes362 68? Is it like 63/67/12 for example? Do you know a good place to get one? Thanks!

I am ordering the adrenaline with the v2 today to get rid of the tst smarty stack. I know I can sell this stuff to help out the cost. Next is still the turbo. I really appreciate all the responses!!

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

If it wasn't for the exhaust brake I would jump for sure into a Borg Warner or something bigger. If my wallet was loaded with cash I'd love to have a custom made turbo that kept my exhaust brake but using more common sizes like the 62/68/12. 

Have them  http://www.northamericanturbo.com

build you one. Mine seems to be doing good.

• Thanks 1

The s362/68 is what Industrial Injection calls the Viper turbo line.  It is a Borg Warner SXE turbo.  While the compressor and turbine wheels are similar in size to the 63/67/12 posted, the housings are going to be different.  The SXE will have a larger A/R ratio in the compressor housing, allowing for more air flow (78 lb/min for a 62 mm) versus the stock HX35's 60-ish lb/min.  More air = lower egt's.

Edited by trreed
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mopar440cu said:

What exactly is thes362 68? Is it like 63/67/12 for example? Do you know a good place to get one? Thanks!

I am ordering the adrenaline with the v2 today to get rid of the tst smarty stack. I know I can sell this stuff to help out the cost. Next is still the turbo. I really appreciate all the responses!!

The s362 sxe is exactly what I sounds it's an s300 center section with a 62 compressor wheel and a 68 exhaust wheel u can get it with a number of different exhaust housings be it 12cm or 14non gated cm and sxe is the line of s300s that have better wheels and a 360 thrust bearing if u get a s300 bo sxe there 300 or so more dollars but it's worth it and apg turbo is the company I got mine from look them up online they do have the best prices I think 1400 something for a sxe 62 68 12 gated I run the identical turbo on 175 hp injectors with quadzilla v2 tuning but my exhaust housing is bigger and I can't get over 12 to 1300 egt on a hard pull but I went with a 14 housing because I can spool  it down low I also have 35 inch tires and 355 gears so my cruzing egt were high I also do mainly pulling on the freeway so I went with a better flowing hot side but I did lose spool under 1500 rpms so u got to adjust accordingly I want from 975 to 1000 egt I could also spike 1500 if I tried with a hybrid 63 67 12 hx35 to 700 to 900 egt with my 62 68 14 sxe 

Edited by Silverdodge
  • Thanks 1

OK, I am looking at a Borg s362sxe right now, but I am still a little confused on what they are asking. They want me to choose a turbine housing, but there is a lot to choose from and stuff I don't understand maybe you all can help. I know the 2nd Gens have the T3 mounting flange and I also understand I have a ATS 3 piece exhaust manifold, which is a divided housing. I am guessing is better because it expels gases better than the single, but what is meant by "open 3" V band ?"

I am also confused on compression disharge. There are only 3 to choose from, but what are they basically?

I understand on a basic like for example a HX35  is a 54/69/14.  

54mm stands for the inducer compression wheel.

69mm stands for the inducer turbine wheel.

14cm is the exhaust housing. 

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG

Edited by mopar440cu

To make it best suited for your needs, you want a .70 A/R divided, gated, HX40 style. The third option down in the turbine housing selection. Then on the compressor cover make sure its got the 2nd gen v-band.

You also will need an HX40 downpipe to go with it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trreed said:

To make it best suited for your needs, you want a .70 A/R divided, gated, HX40 style. The third option down in the turbine housing selection. Then on the compressor cover make sure its got the 2nd gen v-band.

You also will need an HX40 downpipe to go with it. 

Thanks again!!!       

Were would be a good place to get the down pipe?

On 4/29/2018 at 12:54 AM, Silverdodge said:

I've always  had good luck with diamond  eye and mbrp

For exhaust and Tyler is correct  u want 70A/R divided, gated, HX40 style. with a second gen cut cover 

Out of curiosity, How do you like the 62/68/14ng ( non gated I think? LOL) turbo? Do you tow a lot with it, if so, hows the take off and egt's?

Thanks!,

Steve

1 hour ago, mopar440cu said:

Out of curiosity, How do you like the 62/68/14ng ( non gated I think? LOL) turbo? Do you tow a lot with it, if so, hows the take off and egt's?

Thanks!

I love the 14 non gated but my purpose is way different from urs take off is laggy until 1600 rpms then she lights egts are cool enough for me not to worry about no matter the load of I were u I would get the 12 gated version 

AGP turbo my bad lol +1 480-401-1515 that's there phone number customer service and everything was top notch from them I would not hesitate to do business with them again pictures of what I would get are included 

Screenshot_20180430-193856_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180430-193901_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180430-193856_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

Today, actually this afternoon when I get a chance. This 7 days a week work crap gets old, but money is good! LOL Deciding on gated or not? Tryting to do research on which is better for me for towing. It will either be the Borg Warner S362 SX-E 8376 62/68 13009097056 or Borg Warner / AGP S300 SXE Wastegated 2nd Gen Cummins BW-2GWG. Have any opinion on this?

1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

The best charger for the op would be a he351cw. There is nothing offered that will spool as fast or make the same power. A 68mm turbine is a terrible choice for such a small injectored truck.

I just read this. So, you are saying with just the 110 sticks a 68mm inducer wheel would not do me justice?? 

Just did a quick search and its saying it doesnt flow on the exhaust side like the S300 and you should port the wastegate hole. I dont know about that. 

10 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

the 351cw is hard to beat for sub 450 hp truthfully.   

2 questions

1. How much better than the HX35W?

2. Is the 351cw mechanical or does it need a controller?

I mainly ask because my EB died and if I replace it I might as well find one that will work with some thing new or what I have. At what all this will cost it might be a while.

I cant find anyone who can sell me just the actuator for my EB and Banks is not in the least responsive to my request to purchase one.