• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Airdog filters only?

• Staff

Looks great!

I change my filters every 30K miles, 18 months, or at a visible pressure drop...whichever comes first. 

These days I usually hit 18 months, which is generally about 1100 gallons of fuel burned. If you figure about 50 GPH for the stock pump and the average 500 hours in 18 months that's 25,000 gallons thru the filters. 

What I really like is that means on average each gallon is filtered 22 times. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@notlimah It looks like you have that pump mounted a lot higher than most I have seen. I mounted my AD inboard of the frame rails and on the frame rail. I dont believe those filters are any lower than mine. What did you mount the pump to?

Edited by dripley

They hang a good ways down. The angle of those pics don’t really show how far past the fender they are. I mounted it to the recommended frame mounting spot, just made damn sure I got the mount adjusted as high as possible. 

Here’s a pic from the side for reference with the new, bigger filters.

A0C0334C-9FE7-47F7-8E7C-F12CB323C44C.jpeg.7cbc1c22625aee4753cc4ae98a4a0db2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I just changed my filters, they were original that came with fass about 3 years ago and roughly 20K. I noticed that my PSI has been steady around15-16, where before it was closer to 18-19. Filter media didn't look that bad, the filter was slightly darker than the water separator. At first I thought I was wasting time and money changing them because they look so good but now my pressure is back to 19 PSI

I had another fass fs-1001 that I put back and forth fuel filter I used Donaldson p553203 that is supposed to be fws3003. Maybe next time I'll buy some big ones like that, just don't know if I like how they hang down.

20180618_200201.jpg.03118a9e7aa89262a16684de9495ae7b.jpg

• Owner

Double the mileage. Those are still new. Being you just double the size of the filter I'm betting that you'll go well past 60k miles.

Now remember these are the tiny AirDog filter nothing like your huge FASS filter and clearing 60k miles. Double stacked.

Here is stock rate... As you can see stock filter change interval a waste. The filter is still white and clean.

Image result for mopar1973man fuel filters

60k miles later... Now they look dirty. No pressure loss.

Image result for mopar1973man fuel filters

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff
Just now, notlimah said:

So from what I understand the Donaldson is synthetic and he Fleetguard is cellulose, at least with the 2 filters I’m running correct?

The Donaldson is synthetic and I am fairly certain the FS1000 has some cellulose. 

• Thanks 1