• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Heater exchange lines

Only thing that worries me about that solution is if the center section is too flat.  The oil won't drain correctly if the drain line is too flat.  I had an issue with my compounds where oil would push past the compressor wheel above 60ish psi

1 hour ago, trreed said:

Only thing that worries me about that solution is if the center section is too flat.  The oil won't drain correctly if the drain line is too flat.  I had an issue with my compounds where oil would push past the compressor wheel above 60ish psi

Well it’s all together after another small cut of the metal tube. No leaks, but what a pain to get to the back bolt! Took it for a quick ride just to make sure there is no leaks and to test it, but wouldn’t you know a dam sheriff was clocking on my long dirt rode. Anyways, there was no leaks.

ttreed, if I am reading your post correctly you are saying make sure the middle pipe is going down hill like a septic line, correct?

I am going to order a different line for it, maybe the flexible one. What do you say about that or should I get a different set up with a AN/ push in O-ring  set up?

thanks!

DBBF4FFE-D885-40A4-909D-1378F54D96BB.jpeg

749E38C1-9747-4FD4-A323-188A48820A53.jpeg

F682ACF6-28C5-4639-B4DD-11172A844A9B.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

F682ACF6-28C5-4639-B4DD-11172A844A9B.jpeg

That's doesn't look good. Wastegate rod rubbing the oil return (I think that what I'm looking at).

It’s the only way to get the truck for use tomorrow. I’m going to replace it. That pick was before I shortened the tube more. It’s a little better, but needs to be fixed

7 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

Do u like it or not 

I will post up what my opinion is later today after work. I honestly could not get WOT yesterday due to the sheriff on the only straight near my home. Plus I did not have it hooked up to one of the company trailers and didn’t have my phone on me to monitor EGT’s.

Again thanks to everyone’s help!

That’s a good idea. How did you bend it? On or off the turbo? Did you put heat to it or just man handle it with a BFH? Lol

Thanks!!!

7 hours ago, trreed said:

IMG_3928.JPG.65473c65832e6b017cce9034275da922.JPG

On 5/28/2018 at 8:43 PM, Silverdodge said:

Do u like it or not 

Yes, I like it. Gave me a lot more pick up passing on the highways pulling loaded. Love the new growl it has.:thumbup2: I still have to fix the actuator rod touching the oil drain pipe though.  I had someone recommend the Cummins #3934085 flexible drain pipe. So, I ordered it to try.  

I have a couple questions though. 

1. It seems to smoke a little on take off and passing, like my old stack with TST/Smarty. I think I will have to play with the Quad and figure that out. 

2. Also, what are you running EGT wise while cruising doing about 75MPH? What is your EGT's getting on it pulling on a take off?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, mopar440cu said:

Yes, I like it. Gave me a lot more pick up passing on the highways pulling loaded. Love the new growl it has.:thumbup2: I still have to fix the actuator rod touching the oil drain pipe though.  I had someone recommend the Cummins #3934085 flexible drain pipe. So, I ordered it to try.  

I have a couple questions though. 

1. It seems to smoke a little on take off and passing, like my old stack with TST/Smarty. I think I will have to play with the Quad and figure that out. 

2. Also, what are you running EGT wise while cruising doing about 75MPH? What is your EGT's getting on it pulling on a take off?

Thanks!

Egt cruising 875 to 1000 depends on head wind ect hill egt take off idk lmao and its laggyer down low that's why u get smoke till it spoils but my numbers should be different I got the 14 housing  and 355s and 35s with the aerodynamics of a greyhound bus

• Owner

Wow! That's hot for cruising... At 65 MPH 600*F. At 55 MPH I can dip as low as 450*F cruising flat ground. Even the last time I ran on the interstate at 80 MPH I hovered 700*F. I can barely get below 20% engine load for 55 to 65 MPH.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Like I said leveled 355s 35 really low stall converter 7x 10s quad ect 62 68 14 sxe that's why I went with a 14 ng housing flow u should have seen it before with a head wind I'd be bumping 1200 on the hybrid I had 

But at 35 to 45 psi of boost my egts are about 1250 to 1300 with my current set up only reason egts climb now Is if I fall under the turbo 

21 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

Maybe some day I got it how I like it now and I get pretty decent mileage it's just a daily driver no super heavy tower ect

Ever since I got my 62/67/12 my egts went up to close to your numbers not quite,  but the power increase in got... not way I'm going back ha ha

• Like 2