• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I can see!!!

• Owner

No sissy here. Being I'm even sticking it out and taking care of MoparMom which just turned 82 today. Kind of sucks instead of being able to do some nice for her end up with dead AirDog pump. :duh:

Yeah I know what growing old is all about being I'm still here with Mom.

• Like 1

One of the hardest things i have learned about getting older is that I dont bounce as well as I used to. I more "thud" now and the shock absorbers are getting a little weaker. Maybe new glasses would help me stay upright.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No sissy here. Being I'm even sticking it out and taking care of MoparMom which just turned 82 today. Kind of sucks instead of being able to do some nice for her end up with dead AirDog pump. :duh:

Yeah I know what growing old is all about being I'm still here with Mom.

I thought Moparmom was your wife...  Who's who here. :think:

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

MoparMom is my Mother. The only family I've got left.

Then who have you been taking to the hospital all this time?  Again, I was under the impression that person was your wife.  I apologize if I was wrong.  Maybe I DO need glasses..... :duh:

8 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Then who have you been taking to the hospital all this time?  Again, I was under the impression that person was your wife.  I apologize if I was wrong.  Maybe I DO need glasses..... :duh:

Is the CRS kicking in a little maybe?

• Owner
9 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Then who have you been taking to the hospital all this time?

That was my Mother I've been taking back and forth to the hospital. She does dialysis treatments every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. 

9 hours ago, KATOOM said:

I apologize if I was wrong.  Maybe I DO need glasses....

Funny so many people have made the same mistake because most will tell you she doesn't look 82 years old. But yes @MoparMom is my Mother. 

18 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That was my Mother I've been taking back and forth to the hospital. She does dialysis treatments every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. 

Funny so many people have made the same mistake because most will tell you she doesn't look 82 years old. But yes @MoparMom is my Mother. 

Without a doubt, you're a freaking saint...!

• Thanks 1

• Owner
10 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

Without a doubt, you're a freaking saint...!

Here is the full story...

So you can see my adventure started back in October 6, 2016... Now you understand the 60k miles a year driving.

@IBMobile his wife (Jennifer) and MoparMom (Rosalie my Mom - far right)... This was back in May 2018...

DSCF4400.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I've had corrected vision since 6 years old. Like @Mopar1973Man said, it is just way of life. 

Only time I wear contacts is snowmobiling or 4 wheeling where I would be wearing helmet and goggles. 

This winter I discovered that I need cheaters with contacts. My neighbor had to hold the menu up across the table so I could read it. :lol:

I have real good prescription sunglasses but when weed whacking and messy outdoor jobs I have a set of polarized over glasses. 

• Like 1

• Owner
52 minutes ago, Ben said:

Only time I wear contacts is snowmobiling or 4 wheeling where I would be wearing helmet and goggles. 

My life is so dirty that contacts are not an option. I've tried them I just hate digging in my eye to get the lens out nad fuss with keeping them clean. Not getting infections in your eyes.

53 minutes ago, Ben said:

My neighbor had to hold the menu up across the table so I could read it. :lol:

That's the way I was previously. I had to hold can or bottles full arms length to read labels.

Now my smaller work glasses are awesome for outdoor work and messy jobs. Light on my face and rarely ever slide down my nose. I love the geek glasses they work really good. Now my driving glasses are aviator style lens which are much larger and I've got a set of polarized clip ons shades. Work really well for drive these give me a very wide angle of vision which is awesome no longer got to turn my head to see side mirrors.

57 minutes ago, Ben said:

it is just way of life. 

You know it been part of my life for so long I don't know if I could live without glasses. Some days I take them off and drives me crazy because there is something missing that should be on the bridge of my nose. 36 years of wearing glasses I don't think I could ever switch back to contacts or do the laser eye treatment. 

Glasses to me are my daily eye protection. Keeps me to see, keeps the bright sun out of my eyes, helps prevent debris getting in your eyes. List goes on...

I will tell you something about living with out glasses. 14 or 16 years ago one of the lenses in my weakest eye clouded up. Went to the eye surgeon and he said it needed replacing. I signed up for the procedure and went in for the service. I went on the table and they cut my oe lens out and replaced it with a synthetic one. All of this while I was awake. It took about 1 hour from walking in, having the procedure, then sitting in a chair marveling what I could see with out glasses. My bad eye went from 20/140 to 20/40 and i am sitting there amazed and in no pain what so ever.  Most amazing thing i have ever done to my sight my entire life. So if your vision is getting cloudy go have it checked out. It is just a bit life changing.

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

@dripley MoparMom had this done to one eye as well. The only problem to this day is she complains about lens flare on sunny days. She was the same way huge improvement on the bad eye. 

I have not experienced that problem with mine. The improvement in vision was amazing as Mom experienced, the other weird part was I knew I had a problem, but when waiting on the doctor in the exam room I noticed that the walls were different colors with one eye compared to the other. Light blue with the strong eye and almost line tan with the bad eye.

• Owner
8 minutes ago, dripley said:

the other weird part was I knew I had a problem, but when waiting on the doctor in the exam room I noticed that the walls were different colors with one eye compared to the other. Light blue with the strong eye and almost line tan with the bad eye.

Interesting... Must of been the growth or what damaged the old lens that created the color difference.