• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New A/C Compressor, Orifice Tube, and Accumulator, and now clutch wont engage.

Guest 04Mach1

Pressures a little high for an inoperable system. I suspect some non- condensable gases are in the system. A good  -30 inHg vacuum for 30 minutes should take care of that. Usaully in 80* - 90* sunny days I'd expect to see 90 - 100 psi on a fully charged non-operating system.

Also high and low side pressures should be indentical unless the compressor was recently cycled.

1 minute ago, 04Mach1 said:

Pressures a little high for an inoperable system. I suspect some non- condensable gases are in the system. A good  -30 inHg vacuum for 30 minutes should take care of that. Usaully in 80* - 90* sunny days I'd expect to see 90 - 100 psi on a fully charged non-operating system.

Also high and low side pressures should be indentical unless the compressor was recently cycled.

I vacuumed it for an hour before I did charge it. 

Guest 04Mach1

How deep of a vacuum? You need at least -30 inHg to successfully evacuate all non-condensable gases and moisture.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

I vacuumed it for an hour before I did charge it. 

best possible vacuum but heat is your friend, the more heat the better you will boil out the moisture, and it is also helpfull to evacuate and refitll to 1 or 2 psi repull a vacuum to help move the moisture out. Not as critical as a freezer that run in the minus 20s. 

Guest 04Mach1

Maybe your gauges are just a bit out of calibration, it's not uncommon. I have 3 manifold gauge sets at work I no longer use because of inaccuracy. Explains why pressures on both sides of a MVAC system that has not recently operated are not equal. Both sides will equalize pressure when the compressor is not cycling.

1 minute ago, 04Mach1 said:

Maybe your gauges are just a bit out of calibration, it's not uncommon. I have 3 manifold gauge sets at work I no longer use because of inaccuracy. Explains why pressures on both sides of a MVAC system that has not recently operated are not equal. Both sides will equalize pressure when the compressor is not cycling.

Yeah they're like brand new but are kinda crappy, the part where you but the bottle of freon on is junk as well

I have seen the clutches on Ebay and such for $60+. Someone said they were not serviceable but it looks to me the you can replace it. Mine is slipping and I would like to open it and see if there is a shim that can be removed so it work again. But you buy a whole compressor from $130 on up to $400. Might just go the cheap compressor route and be done with it. The warranties on all of them are pretty much no without replacing several other parts along with a professional flush of the system.

• Owner

Something I caught him on was the used compressor he bought had spilled out all it oil. So I'm glad it didn't fire up because it would of been a for sure black death. Then I was working at the clutch power supply check the fuse and it was blown (cracked). Then attempt to bridge 30 and 87 in the PDC and get the clutch to snap shut and no dice, just arcing. That told me the clutch was junk. Rarely have I've seen any PCM sided issues maybe low-pressure switch. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dripley said:

I have seen the clutches on Ebay and such for $60+. Someone said they were not serviceable but it looks to me the you can replace it. Mine is slipping and I would like to open it and see if there is a shim that can be removed so it work again. But you buy a whole compressor from $130 on up to $400. Might just go the cheap compressor route and be done with it. The warranties on all of them are pretty much no without replacing several other parts along with a professional flush of the system.

I mean I already have a new drier and orface tube on so I'm pretty much set. How long is everyone getting out of a cheap compressor?

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Something I caught him on was the used compressor he bought had spilled out all it oil. So I'm glad it didn't fire up because it would of been a for sure black death. Then I was working at the clutch power supply check the fuse and it was blown (cracked). Then attempt to bridge 30 and 87 in the PDC and get the clutch to snap shut and no dice, just arcing. That told me the clutch was junk. Rarely have I've seen any PCM sided issues maybe low-pressure switch. 

But later we tested the low pressure switch and I was getting power to it

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

So using that though I should give up buying injection pumps from DAP because their cheap and buy from NAPA (Quality in the price).

Make you think. 

Screenshot from 2018-06-21 18-10-32.png

Yeah you got something there..... I see someone plays Rust lol good game by the way.

Seems like a good Denso for $128..... Compared to the $250 for the same one any where else

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=993427&cc=1366635&jsn=10479