• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

iQuad Boost Readings Lower than Boost Gauge

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I don't rely on the Quadzilla for gauges. This is why I like going headless. Boost (varies as boost climbs), pyrometer (+50*F to my ISSPro EV2 gauge) or vehicles speed (-1 MPH always compared to GPS). In my truck, all 3 of these gauges are off. 

Thanks yeah I ordered a set of glow shift pillar gauges to put in. Boost, pyro, and fuel I just plan on using the quad to change stage levels and programs. I’ll still have the chip plugged into the egt sensor and making a pig tail to have both quad and pillar reading   

On 9/4/2018 at 9:54 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Known problem mine is the same way. I'm also running expensive ISSPro EV2 boost gauge.

Also running the ISSPRO EV2 gauge in my truck. I'm showing about 15 PSI on the gauge when my Quadzilla shows 8 or 9 PSI. I have a new MAP sensor coming in tomorrow and will be putting it in to see if that changes anything. I'll keep you updated.

Edited by Cronus577

I’ll get another map sensor and try it. I just installed the pillar gaugesast night and I think I need to do some checking for the I made a video so you could see what the egts and fuel pressure are doing. For the egts I took a temp gun and the manifold was reading 230 but this is what the gauge was reading. 

4 hours ago, Cummins4life said:

I’ll get another map sensor and try it. I just installed the pillar gaugesast night and I think I need to do some checking for the I made a video so you could see what the egts and fuel pressure are doing. For the egts I took a temp gun and the manifold was reading 230 but this is what the gauge was reading. 

7DC4159C-F792-4477-9AB8-EA70AC8ADC1B.MOV

At idle when cold the truck should be around 400-500* on the pyro. When you installed the fuel pressure gauge did you put on a snubber valve?

10 minutes ago, Cronus577 said:

At idle when cold the truck should be around 400-500* on the pyro. When you installed the fuel pressure gauge did you put on a snubber valve?

Yeah I installed the snubber valve on. The wire I have double checked. The gauges are brand new just got them out of the box yesterday.

1 hour ago, Cronus577 said:

At idle when cold the truck should be around 400-500* on the pyro.

Just curious about this. My truck never see 400-500* at idle, cold or warm. Mine maybe sees 300* on cold starup. The EB will bring it up in the 450 range. Idleing in summer time on warm engine i will only see 250 maybe 275.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dripley said:

Just curious about this. My truck never see 400-500* at idle, cold or warm. Mine maybe sees 300* on cold starup. The EB will bring it up in the 450 range. Idleing in summer time on warm engine i will only see 250 maybe 275.

Idling my truck sit between 230 and 250 all the time.

39 minutes ago, dripley said:

29 minutes ago, Cummins4life said:

Idling my truck sit between 230 and 250 all the time.

Well then, looks like I might have to dig around and see if there's an issue on my end. I've never seen anything lower than maybe 350 and that was in 15* weather in the middle of winter. Mind typically sits at 400* cold idle and 450-500 warmed up. 

2 hours ago, Cronus577 said:

Well then, looks like I might have to dig around and see if there's an issue on my end. I've never seen anything lower than maybe 350 and that was in 15* weather in the middle of winter. Mind typically sits at 400* cold idle and 450-500 warmed up. 

My thermocouple is in the back half of the exhaust manifold outlet to the turbo. 

3 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

How is your turbo still looking so good after all these years and miles, mine was half rotten with only 150some k on it. 

I dont know. After 17 years it kind of looked crappy to me. Still works fine best I can tell but most tlikely needs a rebuild. 455k miles on it+many hours of idle. Still no play in any direction in it.

• Like 1

So after doing some checking it is actually my fass that causing my fp gauge to read that way. So I’m going to call fass in the morning about it. Now my egt gauge I still can’t explain y it’s off. One of the guys I work with has one that he is going to let me use to see if it the gauge or not. I changed the plug on the to the gauge so that way I could use the quad if I wanted too. But by changing the end it shouldn’t have effected the reading I wouldn’t think would it have? Any thoughts?