• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I use a Fleetguard Stratopore with a Frantz Bypass TP filter.... I would evaluate the filter by the size of particle it can remove in a single pass. GB

I'm looking for opinions! What type of information is available on oil filters for the 24v engine. In this day and age is there any real differnces?

I used to run ONLY Fleetguard LF3894 Stratapore filters but after doing a bit of reading and price comparison, I found that Baldwins makes EVERYBIT as good if not a better filter in my opinion for less than half the price. I use ALL Baldwin filters on my trucks with the exception of the Air Dog 150 filters and apparently Fleetguard is the only manufacturer I am aware of for these. A Fleetguard LF 3894 crosses over to a Baldwin BT7349: http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/PartImages/BT7349.jpg If you purchase these filters by the case of 12 through BF Web Express, the cost is $4.79 each. http://www.bfwebexpress.com/default.htm

• Like 3

• Staff

Here is a rundown on some of the popular filter ratings... The smaller the rating the better. OEM 35um absWix 57620XE 35um at 95%Wix 57620 30um at 95%Wix 51607 27um at 95%Baldwin BT7349 30um absoluteFleetguard Stratapore 25um absoluteAmsoil/Donaldson 15um absolutePurolator PureOne 15um absoluteI use the Donadlson filter with an Amsoil Bypass.