Might be software bug. Not sure. Doesnct make sense to start high idle while in gear. I know on manual there is no sense of gear but you can clutch into gear soon as it rolls the high idle dies.

you canchange levels on the fly and also tunes on the fly, but dont change tunes with a heavy throttle for common sense reasons.  

As for high idle.  Late trucks dont send brake signals to the quad so it is hard to know when you are idle vs stopped at a light. autos have the issue for 01 /02 trucks. I prefer a longer idle delay or you can blip the throttle to trigger the timer to restart

slip is a calc of perfect world input rpm vs mph based on tire size, gearing, and so forth.  IT isn't perfect

Edited by Me78569
  • Thanks 1

I kinda figured the on the fly was like that but I wanted to be sure. I made sure I was out of it and coasting along when I switched power levels today.  The idel delay is a great idea. I got an 02 so that explains that!    If the trans slip reads high at any time is that something to take note of or not really?

not really.  I use it to tell me when lockup happens that's about it.   

when the TC is unlocked it should be high as the input rpm of the engine is higher than the outputted rpm when you consider gears.

Yes, high idle and automatics with warm-up mode is a bit of an issue. It is something that you will either need to adjust the delay for or you will need to make sure that your truck is warmed up before you start driving. 

These guys here are the best. I'm so grateful for every post that they help with. 

13 hours ago, Unreal Summit said:

Yea if I can find that number to take to the dealer I think I'll have it flashed on. Didn't feel to good with that today. 

Or find a member to borrow a Smarty or rent one from DAP.

This morning I started my truck and walked away the high idel tried to kick on and cut right back out. 30 seconds later it done it again. So I just pulled out my phone and cut off the warm up mode. What can cause this?  It was 27° this morning so I know it was cold enough. 

So... After you turned off the warm-up mode the high idle did stop correct? I'm just wanting to verify which high idle system is operating. I know the ECM high idle from Cummins will cut out if the engine load is too high during the high idle mode. Like exhaust brake, grid heater load and super cold temperatures can cause Cummins ECM to cut out the high idle. As for the Quadzilla high idle I'm assuming its an APPS fooler but not sure if there is a cancel trigger because of excessive load.

I only have quadzilla high idle for now. When I started my truck I let it run and walked off the high idle kicked up then off after maybe 2 seconds. Then 30 seconds later it kicked up to 900 or 1000 then right back to normal idle. After the second time I got a little worried and just used the app to turn off warm up mode all together. It didn't go into high idle anymore.

Ok now my boost pressure is stuck on 12.. when I press the fuel from a dead stop it acts like it jumps from no tune to tune pretty hard.  This ain't been as nice as I was hoping for so far.  Using default tune 3. 

boost stuck on 12 means your map sensor or your map wiring is causing issues.   

you are going from 0 psi map at idle to 12 psi map off idle.  thats a large jump in fueling.  

It's possible the MAP sensor failed within spec. In other would just stuck at the 12 PSI value. It won't throw a P0237 or P0238 code because it not out of range. Then it won't trip a P0234 code because it not over boosting. The only one it "Might" trip is the P0236 code because it not changing value and stay high long than it should. The P0236 code will not set a CEL.

Edited by Mopar1973Man