• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner
On 1/16/2019 at 8:16 PM, Marcus2000monster said:

Hopefully once I get my boost gauge exchanged and installed I can get a more accurate reading and see if they’re really is a problem.

Comes back around to trying to build power without a proper tuner. Heck, there was Quadzilla in the Classified Ads for $400 that sold. I guess you missed the boat? :shrug:

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Comes back around to trying to build power without a proper tuner. Heck, there was Quadzilla in the Classified Ads for $400 that sold. I guess you missed the boat? :shrug:

Dude I wanted it so bad but I have to figure out my injectors and get a steering box first. 

• Owner

Steering box you could do a rebuild kit @Blue-Top Steering sells the rebuild kit for like $35 buck. Rebuilding that steering box is super easy. Mostly o-rings and a few bearings. 

Image result for saginaw steering box

I just sent my OEM stock injectors in for having new nozzles and popped to 320 bar. I've got to take care of the injectors being I've got to travel for MoparMom medical as well as my own medical. I've had to shift priority around and get after it. 

18 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Steering box you could do a rebuild kit @Blue-Top Steering sells the rebuild kit for like $35 buck. Rebuilding that steering box is super easy. Mostly o-rings and a few bearings. 

Image result for saginaw steering box

I just sent my OEM stock injectors in for having new nozzles and popped to 320 bar. I've got to take care of the injectors being I've got to travel for MoparMom medical as well as my own medical. I've had to shift priority around and get after it. 

What are they charging you to do that? Also will the box be as tight as a reman from RH or BT if I rebuild it myself? My box is brand new from NAPA but it has as much y as my old one which is stupid. 

4 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

What are they charging you to do that? Also will the box be as tight as a reman from RH or BT if I rebuild it myself? My box is brand new from NAPA but it has as much y as my old one which is stupid. 

While we’re talking sticks could I make a good 325 350 hp on stock turbo and rvs with a qaud? 

• Owner

Rebuilding you can custom the nozzles and pop pressure and get them flow matched.

New you are basically taking what random 6 injectors and no pop testing and flow matching typically. Wednesday I should see my injectors. DAP 7 x 0.010 VCO (+150 HP), popped at 320 bar. :evilgrin:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

This is interesting, my vacuum, power steering, gear box is next on the chopping block. Prolly get by with just rebuilding them all? Just as good? 

:hijack:

Vacuum pump is easy, power steering if me I’d just get a new one same with steering gear get a Bluetop steering gear.

286$ for new pump and lines from Geno's, 280$ Blue Top... 

vs

maybe 50$ for rebuild kit on both? Couldnt find good PN#'s..

I rebuild tons of hydraulic pumps and motors, would think this would be cake since how small it is. The steering gear is just simple bearings and seals...So I say, never rebuilt one so I'm assuming...

Id love to just buy new, and heard great review on blue top, but since Im about to drop alot of money on a clutch I think saving the cash would be best for my wallet and my wife's happiness! 

Any first hand experience with rebuilding these 2 items?  

• Owner

I sent my fsctory bodies in for new 7 x 0.010 VCO injectors popped at 320 bar. They will be at home by Wednesday.

I rather build exactly what I want than buying something someone else built and not know anything about the injectors. I've ran into that few times and to freaky to install mystery injectors not knowing if they will be smoky, last good 100k or drop pop pressure in 20k miles.

Custom builds will always cost more but worth it in the long haul. You get exactly what you want. No random 6 injectors dropped in a box.