• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quad struggles

ROWlegend

So Something about the json file structure your phone /s dont like.  Dont ask me why or how.  

Anyways I took the tune you sent me, built a tune on it then exported it back to you.  Try loading it up, does it load the tuning variables or fail them?  

You will have to edit the tune on your phone, but that should at least your tune to load.

Ya @Mopar1973Man, @Me78569 and I had some sidebar chat and tried everything. His suggestion was send it in. We both feel something isn't right in the box. It's only been in use maybe 1500 miles, lol but it's never worked correctly. I had bought it long ago and it sat in the package for several months while I tore the whole truck down and rebuilt everything but the short block. It was always in a dry room and never dropped. Not sure what could have caused am issue. Hope I can still drive the truck without it, maybe remove map harness? Anyway, in a month or so I will try again for the last time. I have a P-pump just waiting for an engine. I was going to go that route and decided the Iquad would be wonderful if it worked. I should have stuck with tried and true. 

Thanks for all the help gents! Hopefully when the box gets returned to me, the chemo hasn't kicked my *** so bad I can still mess with this.

Yes sir, that's what I'm doing. It will cost me $25 for the service plus shipping. The last amount I will ever spend on that device. Of it was over $50 total,, it would be in the classifieds already.

Edited by ROWlegend
  • Sad 1

Me78569 im also having trouble with the ".json" file platform on my android device, which is a galaxy s8 active. To my knowledge, its updated with all the current software available for android, as is the iquad app itself. If I download archived tunes, I'm unable to import them to my iquad app on the device. My phone directs me to the play store where it instructs me to download an app called "json genie FREE" in order to open the document but I cant share it or import it to iquad from there. BUT the file you posted above "nick.json" was easily downloaded and imported to the app. I'm not very savvy when it comes to things of this nature, any idea what's going on?

Screenshot_20190204-233905_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20190204-233925_Json Genie FREE.jpg

There are known issues with samsung devices not allowing Iquad to open the tune file.  

For guys that have this issue they have to create the file manually in the app. Beyond that I am not sure, I did not have any part in the app development so I am not the guy to answer techincal questions on it.  

You may have to save the file to the device in the file system somewhere, then go to the app and import the tune. 

I have a galaxy S8 and I've never had an issue. If the operating system has already decided that the default app for opening .json files is the json genie then you will have to figure out how to reset that preference somewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, check engine light now. Quad can't connect to Iquad on the newest device. Old phone connects but can't upload tunes. No build date in data log. Almost like brand new. Sent it in to get flashed and updated, old eyes picked a v1 tune, quad flashed and sent back to me before telling me it was FML!!

Can't catch a friggin break or a decent pile of $600 firewood.

Edited by ROWlegend

When someone picks a tune like the 1007 tune, they usually know what they are doing so we usually don't check with them to make sure. Its normally because they have a control pod and no way of setting these settings on the control pod like they can with the iQuad app. 

When you connect to the module with a phone, it will grab the connection and not let go. We also only allow 1 connected device at a time. Make sure that on your old phone you turn the Bluetooth off completely before trying to connect with the new phone. 

When you sent in your module for a test and update did you also include your Bluetooth module for testing?