• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla...

Ronniemx3

Well i managed to buy a quadzilla adrenaline... I think its a v1 can I still make tunes on a v1? Is It worth buying the iquad adapter? And anything i should know about when i first set it up on my truck?? I saved alot of money compared to buying new and import tax etc to the UK.. any advice is much appreciated 

Screenshot_20190125-120625_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190125-120632_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190125-120619_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190125-120629_eBay.jpg

Edited by Ronniemx3
Forgot to add images

2 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Yea hope he understands the difference even if he don’t run it to 4K it will still run weird right being it a 4K box?

Well ??? ? it was cheap wasnt listed as 4k or anything.. so its going to be pretty useless to me then?

• Owner

4K box has different hardware and software. It basically has timing tables to 4k RPM and rev limiter to match. Where the standard Quadzilla goes to 3.2k for timing (typically) and rev limiter to 3.7k. I've never played with a 4k box to see all the difference in setting but the little that I've seen it a favorite for track and dyno guys.

1 minute ago, Ronniemx3 said:

Well ??? ? it was cheap wasnt listed as 4k or anything.. so its going to be pretty useless to me then?

It might be I'm not sure about the updating exactly from a older V1 box to V2. If there was wiring differences or anything. @Me78569 would know the exact answer. This is something I'm not sure if there are any boundaries that would prevent the upgrade.

• Thanks 1

It is a PV2 screen, still old and unsupported.   

You can update to V2 tuning if you get the iquad dongle.   the 4K a bit of a bummer. yes it can work, yes you can set rpm limit lower, but you will still have codes and a harsher tuner.   It iwll not be as smooth or predictable. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

It is a PV2 screen, still old and unsupported.   

You can update to V2 tuning if you get the iquad dongle.   the 4K a bit of a bummer. yes it can work, yes you can set rpm limit lower, but you will still have codes and a harsher tuner.   It iwll not be as smooth or predictable. 

Hmm ok yeah i think i will just sell it on 

That sucks man, I feel your pain. Hopefully you can sell it and come out good. There's got to be someone that want to go balls all out, or something like that. Regular quad is more than enough and it'll pull close to 4k anyway. I personally never go above 3200, no reason for me. Even 32 is rare, but sometimes it happens ha ha. 

• Like 1

Well i just got off the phone to quad they talked me through what i could do to make this module run my track safely which to be honest i may as well sell it. I'm going to buy a standard quadzilla i think. Who would you guys buy from ? And is anyone looking for a 4k tuner ?? ?

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing with the 4k tuner and well what a bit of kit! I liked it that much ive just ordered a standard module and the iquad BT from quad for 320USD shipped to the UK! Cant wait to get a standard module on! Also anyone looking for a cheap 4k module and PV2 monitor message me ????

• Like 1