• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Adding power mirrors to non power mirror truck

It depends on what trim level you have.  Mine was wired for them, the plugs were just hanging out behind the door panel. Plugged them in, and everything worked right off the bat.  Mirrors run off the IOD fuse.

That switch looks like it'll work just fine.  

Another thing.  If your new mirrors have heat, you'll have to get a new climate control stack that has the 'Mirror" button in it for heat.  That was plug and play for me as well.

Edited by trreed

Mine was not. I have a 2001 2500 that had manual windows, locks, and mirrors. I have lots of parts from my wrecked 95 3500 and i used the regulators, motors, mirrors, latches and wiring from inside the doors to put power everything in the 2001. I made my own harness that runs along the bottom front edge of the dash. You cant see it at all.  If you do that just make sure you run it to where you can drop it to the floor and get the dash out without cutting wires or use connectors you can unplug.

Just now, kzimmer said:

Mine is wires for it, but I don't have a switch. Where is the factory switch location for the power mirrors? And the defrost?

There should be a small knock out in triangular part of the door panel that covers the mounting bolts. Mounts thru the hole. The defrost switch is in the HVAC control. You can find them on ebay and others or wrecking yards.

6 minutes ago, dripley said:

There should be a small knock out in triangular part of the door panel that covers the mounting bolts. Mounts thru the hole. The defrost switch is in the HVAC control. You can find them on ebay and others or wrecking yards.

Excellent, thank you. This is on my to-do list that's a mile long.

Wait... So are the controls for the passenger side mirror located on the door panel right on the passenger side mirror? That seems counter productive, lol. Drivers control on the drivers door makes sense. Since the driver is adjusting. Or are they both controlled from the same switch? I hope so.

Edited by kzimmer
Grammar

2 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

Excellent, thank you. This is on my to-do list that's a mile long.

Wait... So is the controls for the passenger side mirror located on the door panel right on the passenger side mirror? That seems counter productive, lol. Drivers control on the drivers door makes sense. Since the driver is adjusting. Or are they both controlled from the same switch? I hope so.

Same switch in the drivers door. The knob turn back and forth for left and right.

11 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Here is my wife's analogy. ( wouldn't it be easier to buy a truck that has these options already ) go and try to explain anything after that. I'm still an idiot at the end of day.

A lot us are riding in the stupid boat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1