• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I bit the bullet...

So I just bit the bullet and bought my wife a 2011 3500 laramie crew cab shortbed 4x4 It is bone stock with 71k miles.

I want to do the DPF and egr deletes ASAP.  There is so much out there for these I am overwhelmed.  I want tuning that includes trans tuning for longevity.  I do not want to turn up the power.  What are my options?

• Staff

Congrats on the new to you new truck. I don't know enough about it and may be illegal to advise you how to accomplish the deletes. It so wrong of our gov't to sacrifice mileage just so they can get more road tax. They are so numb nuts to tell us it's to stop smog when good mileage is curtailing smog better than all other variables. Rant over.

• Like 1

• Owner

There is delete kits for EGR and DPF. They exist. You'll need a tuner for sure for programming out the code in the ECM. I would suggest a MM3 tuner being its a Smarty tuner but design for delete tunes. Still its not about turning up the power but optimizing what you got to get better MPG and performance without the EGR and DPF problems. 

Highly suggest you disassemble everything piece by piece. Do not cut the exhaust system, take it out as a full assembly. I've found out locally you cannot trade in a deleted truck, dealers won't touch them because of fines of selling vehicles without proper emissions. 

• Owner

I know of a few guys that do such tasks. Yeah they don't want to be publicly announced but there are people that build delete tunes for MM3's. 

Like the one I got experience with is StarBrite Tune (EFI knockoff). Not exactly fond of this tuner. Rather pain in the butt. You have to download the entire ECM and the extract the data file from the tuner on a laptop then email the ECM to them. In about an hour or so then email back the ECM code and you can upload the the new ECM code to the the truck. Now the tuner gives 5 levels of power but you much shut down. hook up, key on, configure, key off, unhook, and fire back up. No configuring the tune, no adjustments for the tune, just 5 levels.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I will Check out the MM3 options.  I live just south of Charlotte, NC.

This is going to be my wife's truck for the long haul.  I do not plan on trading it in.  If she ever gets something new it will probably become mine.  

I'll admit it's hard to get back in my 2001 after riding around for a weekend on air conditioned leather seats!

• Staff
On 6/16/2019 at 12:27 PM, dripley said:

Congrats on the truck. I could not tell how to do any of it if I wanted to.

We need to invite that AO cortez lady to come join up and become a member as she has all the answers.

I noticed the 2010-2012 is not in this link.  I have asked our web guy to update it  today.

https://www.dieselautopower.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?brand=436&q=cummins+tuner+

With emissions becoming more enforced and tuning with emissions present becoming better its a good idea to look at custom tuning with emissions present tuning.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...