• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

We got another jetta

Evan

Payed 200. This one needs a water pump.

Tonight I got it tore down motor mount off and ready to yank timing belt and water pump reinstall new.

This car is in surprisingly good shape. It's not a tdi just the normal gas 2.0 120k on odometer runs decent. 

We payed 2500 for our tdi jetta this one seems to be in overall alittle better shape.

Wish it was easy to work on like our trucks. Tomorrow should be going back together 

20190708_181845.jpg

This tank of fuel cost more than the jetta. 2.85 maverick on cloverdalea

Got water pump in. Found pump had already been replaced. I replaced it anyways along with timming belt that faught me. Kept being 1 tooth off.

20190715_093108.jpg

Tried not to do this much work on the car. 

Tore the dash apart to replace the fan switch

Then found it steaming alot out the valve cover. Been tearing it down.

Hopefully get the head off tomorrow have it surfaced if it's not cracked then go back together.

20190721_014632.jpg

On 7/21/2019 at 6:06 PM, Sycostang67 said:

If you want another VW, my sister has a convertible Cabrio for sale, $500 needs a transmission(5spd). 

Just saw you by ada sand and gravel 

Haha i hear you there.  Sometimes that hill is dangerous seen pup trailers wadded up 

What's funny is I looked in my mirror after you passed and could recognize the stacks almost instantly 

Edited by Evan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm up late got the head resurfaced and back. Got the head on new head bolts full gasket kit put the timing gear and belt on and go **** the camb sensor. Take it apart. Then back together. Hoping to have it running tomorrow.

Crystal was supposed to pick up spark plugs but didn't grrr. 

Head wasnt cracked and cylinder walls look very good all rings holding fluid .

Finding it to be quite the puzzle going back together.

Cant sleep. 

20190809_230822.jpg

Edited by Evan

How long if a job.?

I think it took me two long evenings to do the timming belt and water pump

I'd look to the ball being cracked where the vent line comes out. It's so in plain site I over looked it. It would only leak when head gasket put pressure in the system at an idle nothing.

I got it cleaned up put about 50 miles on it with no issues well right up until the alternator quit charging. Grrrr so I just got done putting a alternator in it. 

I think its quicker than the tdi jetta we got rid of fun driving car. Kinda nice to cruise around in it instead of the truck.

Still haven't got the ac pump to fire up. I did get fans working by replacing relay that's barrierd in the dash I was hoping that relay would kick the ac pump into gear to but I didnt get that lucky

Coul possibly be the fan control module under battery fans dont turn on when ac is turned on.

Gonna need struts and shocks at least 1 rotor is warped. Going to drive it for awhile and see what else happens. The damn alternator was kinda a huge blow as I didnt want to invest that much in it at least until it proves itself for awhile.

Damn mirror 

20190810_202444.jpg

20190810_202909.jpg

Edited by Evan
  • Like 1