• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS light removal definitvely

Hi, Excuse me to disturb you, I have a dodge ram 98.5 cummins 24v with 4wd, and I would like to remove definityvely the light on instrument panel ( not the bulb) , but I would like to remove all abs wire which go to the dash board and cause the lights on . I have changed all wheels speed sensors, and I think its now the abs module. SO  As I have no money to change it I would like to remove. I imagine there is a wire behind the instrument cluster which arrive to signal a problem with abs , so I would like to cut it to finish with this. Thank you for your help.

Edited by Jeremy9806
  • Like 1

Jeremy,

I don't think this is possible.  The reason being, the ABS signals are not hard wired into the cluster.  They are triggered through the CCD system(the communication languages between the different computer modules.)

This is from a 2001 Factory Service Manual, but I expect yours to be exactly the same or similar.

(EMIC is the ElectroMechanical Instrument Cluster)

image.png.2f41c39e10c98d4402bf62d1b5f03d87.png

GL  HTH

Hag

Ok, So there is only an other solution, to remove the bulb and paint it black

thank you for your help. 

or there is another solution , I have dodge ram 2001 book with all diagrams, there are so many things its not easy to understand all, so  I think, there is a signal out to the abs module to the pcm, If I know the voltage or the ohms of this signal I can bypass it with other electronic components  and the signal out will go to the PCM without changing, and the light never comes because the PCM think the abs module works perfectly!

SO I need to know which wire go from ABS module to PCM and know  the signal if it's voltage current or ohm which is sent to the pcm

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Excuse me but with all these diagrams and connector I dont see where is the abs bulb wire, so I understand the message go to ccd bus, but there is something to illuminate this light. I think its not easy, but not impossible. Or the last solution to paint my bulb in black

so Thank you if you have an idea I take. I hate electronic, the constructor cars made all these electronics like that there are nobody can touch it, all your change all or you can't drive. Im starting to regret the old cars , with no electronics !!! 

Ok so thank you very much everybody for your help. 

I think I m going to send my module to module master.

Thank you 

15 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

ABS module can't be removed...

Speedometer won't work.

Grid heaters won't shut off after 20 MPH.

Cruise control will fail.

Maybe a few other issues.

Yes I ve seen. Iunplug it and  I had no speedometer. I think all the wires are multiplex it s a problem, so I will send my module to module master. Thank you you very much for your great help. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joeld79 said:

http://siaelec.com/product-category/brake-control-module/

was like $60 when I had mine serviced a year ago

Wow that's a lot cheaper then module masters, but I wonder on work quality if all wear parts get replaced or just what failed. I went with ModuleMaster because of good reviews and how long they been in business and @Mopar1973Man  delt with them back in the day and his module still works. 

I find it hard to believe they do all that work for $50, just to open the stupid module take some time and patience. I done talking for now as I never had experience with cia.

• Owner

Yeah I jumped into Module Master back in the day and for $130 and being able to visit the shop and meet the people which was awesome. Took care of me very well. I'd would still use Module masters again.

For a company to do a repair for $50 makes me nervous. Not to mention the Module master 5 year warranty that is worth it.. SIA is only one year warranty.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

When my 01 ABS light went off, turned out it was the connection right above the rear diff.  To this day I got a hose clamp screwed around the connection.

To trouble shoot,  I disconnected the connection and put in little jumper wires.  

I don't know if 98 1/2 and 01 is a same wiring.