• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Time for gauges

Hey guys just ordered a fuel boss and big line kit for my 01 and picked up an s03 cheap a while back to turn on hi idle function (not currently using tuning). So now it’s time for gauges. I really wanted to go back to what I knew with my insight setup on my old ford but pricing them out now with the added fuel boost and egt sensors to read accurately it’s near 850. So I’m circling back to 3 pod style.

Looking at isspro,  what range do y’all run on gauges? The kit has 

0-1600 egt

0-40 boost

0-40 fuel

Seems like more of 0-1600, 0-60, 0-30 would fit things better?

Also is there a pillar that replaces the oem one or doesn’t involve drilling into it or best off finding a junket to punch holes in? 

I think you will be well within range even on the first set you quoted, but having the 0-60 boost might be good in case you add more HP and increase boost later on, never hurts to have a good buffer zone on your max readings. 

I think I paid around 350 for my 3 set of isspro, but that was several years ago and the pillar mount was extra. I already had the fuel pressure on the column, but the column mount is nice to havre if you want a fourth gauge, In the pic it looks like it blocks the Speedo but in  reality its not to bad. As far as installing the pillar, you just remove the existing pillar and install the new one in its place. How ever to get a good tight fit I did add a 2” long machine head screw at the top of pillar, I just drilled  a 1/8 or 3/16 hole, forgot what diameter, through the plastic pillar into the Apillar frame of body, it really snugged the new pillar mount up tight 

check out Genos garage web site, they have a good selection of gauge mounts.

E21A90AE-D076-4FF1-A8AB-4032BC4F110D.jpeg

0BEA75E9-CE9F-44AB-A650-A87AB172AD08.jpeg

• Owner
4 hours ago, Remington92 said:

Seems like more of 0-1600, 0-60, 0-30 would fit things better?

Yup that would be a good spot to start... The other 1600, 40, 40 will work but may not be big enough for boost if you upgrade in power. Then fuel pressure is in the 10-20 PSI range. The 0-30 would better accuracy.

I'm running DiProcols. Yes they are old lol

0-1,600F for a pyrometer

0-30psi Fuel Pressure

0-35psi for boost

0-300*F for transmission temp

If your goal is to stay close to stock then 0-35 psi is good for a boost gauge. If your going much over that then 0-60 psi.

17973_224783750492_4698822_n.jpg

Edited by pepsi71ocean

2 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I'm running DiProcols. Yes they are old lol

0-1,600F for a pyrometer

0-30psi Fuel Pressure

0-35psi for boost

0-300*F for transmission temp

If your goal is to stay close to stock then 0-35 psi is good for a boost gauge. If your going much over that then 0-60 psi.

17973_224783750492_4698822_n.jpg

Where do you hide #4?

I regretted not getting the 0-60 boost initially.  I got the 0-35 which served me well for a few years with the stock turbo.  Then I put the compounds in and had to purchase and install the new boost gauge.

Moral of the story...go with the 0-60 boost gauge if you ever plan on upgrading the turbo to anything above stock.  0-30 fuel pressure & 0-1600 egt are just right.

My piller mount actually attaches to/covers my stock pillar so I did have to put holes in stock piller for attachment and wiring purposes.  I would prefer one that just replaces the stock piece if I did it all over again. 

P.S. You will love the Fuel Boss. 

Edited by Bullet

On 12/1/2019 at 11:22 PM, dripley said:

Where do you hide #4?

Actually was up at the truck today so I shot some photos. It's so quiet like a steam engine sitting in an abandoned roundhouse...

KIMG5676.JPG.7bc8e5f6796a78fc6a1883142500fa49.JPG

You can see the last gauge on the steering column. 

I'll admit I'm in love with my Diprocols. And I still get asked about them at least twice a year. If I'm going to sell them they are waiting.....

KIMG5677.JPG.c805f5784a22876183f3e78993e9a6a3.JPG