• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Buying a Quad soon

@kzimmer seems to be all around. I'll keep watching it next few days to verify.

Check online for the sensor. Cummins pn 4921505 for a 2001. I found it between $85-100 + shipping. By buddies employee discount just barely beat that plus i got it at 7am today.

KLM Performance had it for $99.

Screenshot_2020-01-10-20-07-32.png

@Blueox01 i really haven't started tuning it yet. Ran 1st tank on default tune, 2nd tank on a tune from here, now on 3rd tank and tweaked the tune a little.  Each tank is 2 weeks over the same route give or take a little. Haven't done a road trip to check highway mpg yet. Other than a lazy map sensor i haven't changed anything else. 

@Mopar1973Man @Me78569 will a map sensor affect fuel milage on the Cummins?

Edited by Gregturley

@Gregturley I decided since most of these sensors seem to be crap anyway, I picked up one on Amazon with prime 1 day shipping for $25... All it has to do is beat the $70 rock auto sensor's 30 day record lol. Went for a quick drive and it's within 1 or 2 psi of my 100 psi gauge up to 40 psi.

I should put these damn things on a quick disconnect to make them easier to change. Maybe an air chuck. :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gregturley said:

@kzimmer I came really close to the same. If the Cummins sensor craps out in short time it will be Amazon up next. Let us know if yours dies anytime soon please. One of the truck shops we outsource stuff to said get one made by Standard if i didn't get a Cummins.

My Standard,$90 from Oriellys, lasted about a year. Failed when the VP did. Coincidence, maybe.

Edited by dripley

Oriellys told me the new has a lifetime warranty, Standard also. Lost my old receipt and they had no record of me buying it. So I saved this new receipt and the old sensor and figure I will have a mysterious failure in the near future.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gregturley said:

One of the truck shops we outsource stuff to said get one made by Standard if i didn't get a Cummins.

1 hour ago, dripley said:

My Standard,$90 from Oriellys, lasted about a year. Failed when the VP did. Coincidence, maybe.

Now that's hilarious. Standard Motor Products was the last one that died on me.

1 hour ago, kzimmer said:

Now that's hilarious. Standard Motor Products was the last one that died on me.

I have had good luck with SMP until that sensor failed. It failed ar the same time the  VP was failing. And i mean the failed simultaneously. 

1 hour ago, dripley said:

I have had good luck with SMP until that sensor failed. It failed ar the same time the  VP was failing. And i mean the failed simultaneously. 

Very interesting. Can't help but try to draw lines to connect those. You did yours on the road too, right? I can just imagine getting through a VP44 swap and then having no power because if a failed MAP sensor on the test drive.

13 hours ago, kzimmer said:

Very interesting. Can't help but try to draw lines to connect those. You did yours on the road too, right? I can just imagine getting through a VP44 swap and then having no power because if a failed MAP sensor on the test drive.

When the failing it was going in out of working and not. During the times it wasworking you could the MAP sensor doing the same thing. Got the new pump in and had to order MAP delivered at home and drove 200 miles with the bad one.