• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cruise Control Off switch on Clutch fail

I'm trying to determine where the switch is on the clutch pedal to turn off the cruise control when it's depressed.  I didn't see it in the parts diagrams.  It's not working.  I have to remember to turn it off to down shift while in cruise control :-(

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

It should turn off when you push the clutch in. Mine does but l never tried to figure out how it dos it. Mine does rev up a few hundred rpm before it disconnects. But normaly I hit the cacel button since l am slowing to down shift anyway.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

I tested mine on the way to work this am. The first time the engine was under a little load. The engine revved and I hit cancel just shy of 2900 when it revved. I did it again under a ittle load and let it go and it climbed to 2900 and the cruise kicked off and went to idle. Did it one more time with the same results. So something is kicking mine off when depressing the clutch. Its not the clutch safety switch, l bypassed mine 15 years ago. Maybe the ECM does it when it sees the engine reving in the cruise state. It is a bit un nerving to watch the engine rev like that towards the redline but the cruise did shut off.

• Like 1

Just now, IBMobile said:

There is no switch on the clutch peddle; only a switch at the brake peddle is shown in the FSM wire diagrams section 8W-33-1.    

Pefect thank you for taking out the guess work.

Its the switch that wont let you start your straight drive unless you push the clutch in. The 02 was the first and only truck l have ever had with one. It bothered me so I bypassed it. About a year later I reach in the window and start it. It is in reverse and starts. It takes off about 15 feet and hits the 30 yard dumpsters and pushes it off the pavement into the dirt and sits there with the rear wheels spinning when the dumpster wont move anymore. Just happy I had the hitch in the receiver or the bumper would have taken a beating. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2