• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I went camping this weekend and most of the 5 hour drive was fine. About halfway there at about 65 mph it felt like I let my foot of the pedal. It didn't die but I had to push in the clutch and rev it a few times before it came back. It happened several more times on the trip. On the way home I set my programmer back to stock and it didn't seem to do it as much (coincidence ?). Could it be the TPS or whatever its called on a dodge? Any input would be great.

• Owner

Ok...

There is only 2 reason for a dead pedal.

[*]APPS sensor failure - P0121, P0122 or P0123 error code is present.

[*]VP44 failure - Might be P0216, P1688, P1689, P0251, P0252, P0253 error codes present but with a VP44 failed its not uncommon to see a VP44 fail without error codes.

So get a scan tool and check for error codes. (Key trick only work on 2000+ model years)

• Owner

Nope... P0216 is a timing issue because the timing cam assembly is total wore out and no longer can time the pump roperly. This is cause by low fuel pressure, excessive wear internal, etc... :spend: Usually the the cheap thing that saves a pump from showing this is a fuel pressure gauge if the pressure is below 10 PSI you take a huge risk for P0216 code...

• Like 1