• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

This is not always the case. In Colorado and most States for that instance you are guilty until you prove your innocence in traffic court. Most states also have no right to discovery at the traffic court level. Therefore if you want to fight a case such as these you have to appeal your case to a higher court system. Personally I see them saying pop your hood or you are getting fined $1000 as being an illegal search and menacing.

But you need to remember that this is not a traffic offense. If you are caught it is for TAX EVASION. That is how they can check your truck. You are required to pay taxes to drive on the roads.

• 2 months later...

My understanding is that when being checked for red dye diesel fuel, a clear plastic flexible tube is used to insert into the tank and the tester holds their "tax feeding" finger over the end of the tube and then pulls the tube out of the filler neck to observe the color. If it is green, you are good to go. If it is red, you have some explaining to do and a LOT of money taken from you. I used to use red dye fuel around the farm for my tractor but the price of red dye diesel has gradually gone up to the point that I can go to the Walmart and buy diesel CHEAPER than I can buy the red dye diesel at the COOP. The illegitimate law does state that you must allow them to check your tank if they decide to inspect you. That doesn't mean that you can't make them SORELY regret doing so by dragging your feet, requesting they show you in writting what the law states and make them spend HOURS tied up with you. Just remember to ALWAYS be VERY polite and courteous. Yes sir or maam! :lol: Then with order they give you ask them "does the law require me to comply". Then they must provide that information. If they get nasty, continually ask them "is this a search or my vehicle" "I DO NOT agree to or allow searches without a warrant or inspections without proven documentation requiring it" , "am I being detained" or am I "free to leave"? Repeated tell them that you will cooperate FULLY within the requirements of law. When they any questions, ask them "does the law require me to answer you"? Make sure you record the encounter. The above is IF you have MANY HOURS to burn, otherwise let them check the tank. My advice is to NEVER let one of these UNAMERICAN thug, domestic terrorist search your vehicle and cooperate to the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM the law requires. ALWAYS give them your drivers license and registration when asked and again be VERY NICE about it. DO NOT give them anything else. These pigs are LAZY, when they discover you are NOT going to roll over easy for them and tie them up for hours, they will likely move on to someone else (read weak sheep) who will. Behaving toward them in an aggressive or rude manner will pretty much automatically give them rationalization (justification in a pigs mind) for "probably cause" and you have just thrown the game in their favor and they can do whatever they want. ALWAYS record the encounter. If they search over your objections and you have it recorded, any evidence they obtain can be excluded in court. Sadly, most folks to a degree understandably just rollover and give in because they have lives to live, family, children, or friends waiting in the vehicle or other things like WORK and trying to put food on the table and cannot waste half the day exercising their NATURAL BORN rights and liberties. Bottom line is that in the end if these anti-American domestic terrorist want to check your tank or do pretty much anything they want........they will force the issue, intimidate, or in the end get what they want. A good example of this is road side sobriety, seatbelt compliance, and driver license check points.

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding is that when being checked for red dye diesel fuel, a clear plastic flexible tube is used to insert into the tank and the tester holds their "tax feeding" finger over the end of the tube and then pulls the tube out of the filler neck to observe the color. If it is green, you are good to go. If it is red, you have some explaining to do and a LOT of money taken from you. I used to use red dye fuel around the farm for my tractor but the price of red dye diesel has gradually gone up to the point that I can go to the Walmart and buy diesel CHEAPER than I can buy the red dye diesel at the COOP. The illegitimate law does state that you must allow them to check your tank if they decide to inspect you. That doesn't mean that you can't make them SORELY regret doing so by dragging your feet, requesting they show you in writting what the law states and make them spend HOURS tied up with you. Just remember to ALWAYS be VERY polite and courteous. Yes sir or maam! :lol: Then with order they give you ask them "does the law require me to comply". Then they must provide that information. If they get nasty, continually ask them "is this a search or my vehicle" "I DO NOT agree to or allow searches without a warrant or inspections without proven documentation requiring it" , "am I being detained" or am I "free to leave"? Repeated tell them that you will cooperate FULLY within the requirements of law. When they any questions, ask them "does the law require me to answer you"? Make sure you record the encounter. The above is IF you have MANY HOURS to burn, otherwise let them check the tank. My advice is to NEVER let one of these UNAMERICAN thug, domestic terrorist search your vehicle and cooperate to the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM the law requires. ALWAYS give them your drivers license and registration when asked and again be VERY NICE about it. DO NOT give them anything else. These pigs are LAZY, when they discover you are NOT going to roll over easy for them and tie them up for hours, they will likely move on to someone else (read weak sheep) who will. Behaving toward them in an aggressive or rude manner will pretty much automatically give them rationalization (justification in a pigs mind) for "probably cause" and you have just thrown the game in their favor and they can do whatever they want. ALWAYS record the encounter. If they search over your objections and you have it recorded, any evidence they obtain can be excluded in court. Sadly, most folks to a degree understandably just rollover and give in because they have lives to live, family, children, or friends waiting in the vehicle or other things like WORK and trying to put food on the table and cannot waste half the day exercising their NATURAL BORN rights and liberties. Bottom line is that in the end if these anti-American domestic terrorist want to check your tank or do pretty much anything they want........they will force the issue, intimidate, or in the end get what they want. A good example of this is road side sobriety, seatbelt compliance, and driver license check points.

Great post!!!!:smart::smart::thumbup2::thumbup2:

I had to shop all over to get clear kerosene for my camp heater. I tried the red dyed stuff... I was changing the wick in the middle of the week. Clear burns just fine. I have bought off road out back at a oil company, to run in my JD410. I don't know if it was dyed but I think not. I'd not run dyed in my truck, given the trouble it would cause.