• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fass 165 install help

• 9 months later...

that looks to me very much like a Deutsch DT series 2 pin plug, can't really tell until it's unplugged, if there are green wedges down in the plug securing the terminals then it is, sometimes the wedges are orange if a copy

Caterpillar do those so if you know anyone that runs Cat equipment or repairs Cat stuff they will have those  OR a Cat dealer..... ours  in the UK is Finning, Texas is Holt

If it isn't a Deutsch just get a male and female chop old off and fit both as they really are everywhere, the deutsch terminals do need special crimps  though, the link below is a copy as the wedges are orangehttps://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/automotive-connectors/1878741/?cm_mmc=UK-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-CSS_UK_EN_Connectors_Whoop-_-Automotive+Connectors_Whoop+(2)-_-1878741&matchtype=&aud-827186183686:pla-333299766620&gclid=Cj0KCQjwo-aCBhC-ARIsAAkNQiuCzncJN0k9or7-LuQgOmXxso0criiw5IE37e6_3Dbp20COxRGzMjgaApr7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Here in the UK terminals are seperate, I buy them by the 100 and always the gold coated ones, they are coated with gold as it's a soft metal so when the plug is connected the male and female terminals make a better connection due to all the microscopic imperfections being smoothed out

Edited by wil440
  • Thanks 1

It seems one of the pics tmaxxs10 posted shows the part number of the plug.  I just didn’t zoom in enough to see it with my phone.   On my iPad it was easy to see.   

Thanks to everyone for replying!

Tom

A1CE3669-4D0C-49E6-AC1D-66547E6D915F.jpeg

This kit should do the trick shouldn’t it?   Even if the female plug doesn’t mate with the OE plug I can lop it off pretty quick like you suggested and slap the new male plug on.   Not sure of the OE wire size however.  This Kit is good for 14-16 gauge wire. 

image.jpeg.e11142ad34bd68af4c6969430a4277d6.jpeg

Edited by Tambs
Forgot the pic

yes that's what you need, now the crimps like I said are special,   look at the terminals in your picture, you'll see one end of both male and female have a green band , this is the crimp end, you remove insulation so that the wire is bottomed in the terminal and the insulation is just at the tip of the terminal, the crimps have 4 small anvils for want of a better word that move inwards to put 4 indentations in the crimp area, this keeps the terminal round so the wedge holds it, just do a search for Deutsch crimps.

I replace any terminals that are bad with these, and don't forget they are reusable and sealed

• Thanks 1