My trip to Mohave, AZ

Mopar1973Man

• Administrator

Since im in AZ I found out the locals typically install their water heaters outside and turn off the power. The sun can heat water very well.

When I got here I plugged in to city power. Couple days later I started figuring tricks. Like this morning I jump in the shower and it was nice and warm but the water has not burn propane in 2 days.

Tossed out my solar panels and charing an awesome 13.8 volts.

Its only 7:19am an its...

1590848370402796105910368563105.jpg

• Board Of Directors

You guys are funny and the coffee I made is great this morning. Can't beat that.

Hey I'm not as strong as I used to be and was using a rubber mallet on a box end to help get caliper bolts out, but dam, missed twice and ended up hitting my fingers twice. Is there a good cordless/ airless impact wrench out there? I like the more expensive stuff if it's worth the bucks. Please help before I go out and lose all my feathers in a temper again. Thanks

10 hours ago, JAG1 said:

You guys are funny and the coffee I made is great this morning. Can't beat that.

Hey I'm not as strong as I used to be and was using a rubber mallet on a box end to help get caliper bolts out, but dam, missed twice and ended up hitting my fingers twice. Is there a good cordless/ airless impact wrench out there? I like the more expensive stuff if it's worth the bucks. Please help before I go out and lose all my feathers in a temper again. Thanks

Milwaukee is good. They have both a 3/8 or 1/2” impact and also 1/4 or 3/8” ratchet that is very handy. 

• Board Of Directors

Are you anything like me.......you just want to getting out of the heat? I'm a lot older than you, ya spring chicken, so may not be as bad for you. Drive careful and have fun.

• Administrator

15915332979951430079351958718559.jpgI did. The climb to 7,200 feet was a heck of a climb then fighting winds. My whole trip back to Idaho got me 11.13 MPG 3 times in a row. I fueled again at Jackpot, NV for 11.31. I was forced to stop in Bliss, ID for the night.

Did good on MPG performance.

Screenshot_20200607-063850.jpg

Also just found out the wind tore off my under belly of my kitchen holding tank. Wind was really bad last night.

• Board Of Directors

Real poor mileage on the 23rd, must have been some nasty head winds.

I once had to stay over another nite in Nevada due to 80 mph gusts. I could watch my escape hatch while parked even tho latched down, would almost lift enough to break apart. It was made of fiberglass. When I got home I had one fabricated out of stainless and adapted a bigger hinge, the crank and latch to it. Now it opens all the way so I can stand up in the bed and use it for a gun turret up high on the roof. Just in case big bears (or monster chickens) are trying to get in. :thumb1:

Archived