• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My trip to Mohave, AZ

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Since im in AZ I found out the locals typically install their water heaters outside and turn off the power. The sun can heat water very well.

When I got here I plugged in to city power. Couple days later I started figuring tricks. Like this morning I jump in the shower and it was nice and warm but the water has not burn propane in 2 days.

Tossed out my solar panels and charing an awesome 13.8 volts.

Its only 7:19am an its...

1590848370402796105910368563105.jpg

• Like 1

• Staff

You guys are funny and the coffee I made is great this morning. Can't beat that.

Hey I'm not as strong as I used to be and was using a rubber mallet on a box end to help get caliper bolts out, but dam, missed twice and ended up hitting my fingers twice. Is there a good cordless/ airless impact wrench out there? I like the more expensive stuff if it's worth the bucks. Please help before I go out and lose all my feathers in a temper again. Thanks

10 hours ago, JAG1 said:

You guys are funny and the coffee I made is great this morning. Can't beat that.

Hey I'm not as strong as I used to be and was using a rubber mallet on a box end to help get caliper bolts out, but dam, missed twice and ended up hitting my fingers twice. Is there a good cordless/ airless impact wrench out there? I like the more expensive stuff if it's worth the bucks. Please help before I go out and lose all my feathers in a temper again. Thanks

Milwaukee is good. They have both a 3/8 or 1/2” impact and also 1/4 or 3/8” ratchet that is very handy. 

• Thanks 1

• Staff

Are you anything like me.......you just want to getting out of the heat? I'm a lot older than you, ya spring chicken, so may not be as bad for you. Drive careful and have fun.

• Owner

15915332979951430079351958718559.jpgI did. The climb to 7,200 feet was a heck of a climb then fighting winds. My whole trip back to Idaho got me 11.13 MPG 3 times in a row. I fueled again at Jackpot, NV for 11.31. I was forced to stop in Bliss, ID for the night.

Did good on MPG performance.

Screenshot_20200607-063850.jpg

Also just found out the wind tore off my under belly of my kitchen holding tank. Wind was really bad last night.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Real poor mileage on the 23rd, must have been some nasty head winds.

I once had to stay over another nite in Nevada due to 80 mph gusts. I could watch my escape hatch while parked even tho latched down, would almost lift enough to break apart. It was made of fiberglass. When I got home I had one fabricated out of stainless and adapted a bigger hinge, the crank and latch to it. Now it opens all the way so I can stand up in the bed and use it for a gun turret up high on the roof. Just in case big bears (or monster chickens) are trying to get in. :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1