• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1st-2nd gear delayed shift and low power

I had similar issues with my 47re. 2nd to 3rd was delayed and it shifted very hard. I was able to correct the issue by adjusting the front and rear bands. The front band was really easy. It’s on the side of the tranny. The rear band requires a fluid drain and removal of the filter. There is a good write up out there. I’ll see if I can find it. 

It turned out in the long run the transmission needed a rebuild so I had that done a few weeks ago. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Where did you have the trans rebuilt?

Metro transmission in San Marcos CA. Top notch IMO. There’s a bit of a story though. 7 owner truck. 2 owners ago a young Marine (Semper Fi) had the tranny built by a “racing” company in Ohio. It appears he had a hodgepodge of parts put in there. Triple disk TC, upgraded electronics and some billet components...but a stock output shaft and many reused worn components. So now I have the truck. Leaks tranny fluid and shifts awful. Did a few things I’m comfortable with: tranny pan gasket and band adjustment. But I never got the leak fixed. Took it to Metro. The guy laid out every part of the trans on the bench. Showed me the good, bad and ugly. Offered several ways to go about the repair. Decided to get the billet shaft and make a beefy trans. Came with a 2 year warranty. Fair pricing. Only have about 400 miles on it so far but I’m happy. 

Its always good seeing it layed out on the bench and going over it with the builder. 

This is mine around 100k ago. It's a basic build single billett etc.  Its towed hard and seen lots of freeway.

I'd spend alittle more money and do a triple and dynamic valve body if I had it to do over. 

Hoping to get another 100k before doing it again this time with triple 

20180126_203143.png

It sure was nice seeing it all laid out and having an honest professional opinion. They cut my triple disc open and found it was practically new. So that saved me some $$$. I believe it’s a reman diesel performance. 

Did you build that yourself?  

Tractor/hydraulic fluid cures all 

I run Chevron thf1000. Have been for a long time 

I recently stumbled on ati superF transmission fluid 

Make sure trans has 100psi ish at wot and at least 50is at idle. You check pressure on the accumulator test 1/8" not fitting to any pressure gauge 50-200psi range.

Verify tv lever is working on driverside of tranny. 

On 6/24/2020 at 9:40 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Dynamic built 46RE into a 47RE on my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500. 

As for my suggestion is double check the output speed sensor on the tailshaft. Mine was shifting at all weird times sometimes hold a gear excessively or down shift early. 

mine is doing that is seems like only first gear holds out I didn’t know if it was cause I’d the low power and acceleration or the tenant but I think my Speedo is over reading too

• Owner

Speedometer signal is at the rear diff. The shift parameter is handled by the PCM by control governor pressure solenoid. If you not done the W-T ground wire mod it would help the issues by removing the AC noise that might trigger weird shifts and low power because tach signal is muddy with stray noises from the alternator charging.