• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vacuum pump elbow replacement

I popped my hood recently and found the vacuum line that runs from the firewall to the vacuum pump just laying there...still attached only to the firewall fitting that I previously replaced.  On closer inspection of the vacuum pump side where it is supposed to be connected I found that the rubber 90° elbow that receives it has now degraded to the point of failure. 

I've been looking online for a replacement rubber elbow but can't find anything specific to my truck...only come across HELP kits with several generics and ones that specifically fit Volvos and Mercedes.  They all look like they might work OK but can't be sure.  I'd really rather have the exact replacement instead of guessing at a cost for each wrong guess.  Can you guys give me some ideas on where and how to find it?  I appreciate any an all suggestions. 

Yep that'd be my guess too.  I just got mine in today.  I'll get it changed out as soon as this heat eases up...98° today and feels like 113°.  I'll can only drink half my beer before the other half evaporates. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bullet said:

Yep that'd be my guess too.  I just got mine in today.  I'll get it changed out as soon as this heat eases up...98° today and feels like 113°.  I'll can only drink half my beer before the other half evaporates. 

Now thats not good. I always considered the cooler as an essential tool box for a lot of repairs.

• Like 1

• Staff
On 7/13/2020 at 5:58 PM, dripley said:

Now thats not good. I always considered the cooler as an essential tool box for a lot of repairs.

Sometimes Dripley gets in the cooler, when a hot day and when you try getting a beer, pecks your hand to shreds.

8 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Sometimes Dripley gets in the cooler, when a hot day and when you try getting a beer, pecks your hand to shreds.

While I am in the cooler I only accept deposits. No withdrawals are allowed.

On 7/9/2020 at 11:46 AM, Bullet said:

Thanks for the reply @sooxies!  I did some more online digging and found this.  It's the entire assembly of lines and fittings with the one I needed all hooked together and all brand new for $13.82 and $9 shipping so I pulled the trigger on it.  Mopar part number is 55056421AA in case anybody else runs into this problem. 

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mopar,55056421AA,vacuum+hose,6908

Price went up, how many kits did you guys buy :lmao:25.84 with shipping now, eBay is cheaper few bucks at this point.

I rigged up random hoses when I had to fix mine, for $20 I may have got this kit to clean it up but for $25 I just don't know now :ahhh:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Price went up, how many kits did you guys buy :lmao:25.84 with shipping now, eBay is cheaper few bucks at this point.

I rigged up random hoses when I had to fix mine, for $20 I may have got this kit to clean it up but for $25 I just don't know now :ahhh:

It sure did...they went up $4 since I ordered.  Sorry guys...I didn't see that one coming. 

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 9:07 AM, Dieselfuture said:

Lol I also bought a kit, just thought that was a good price casually scrolling this thread

• Like 1

Got this installed today, fit perfectly.  The connection between the main line from the pump and the first T-fitting was pretty rotten on my old assembly, probably why I would suddenly lose control of my A/C and cruise control.  Really glad this was brought to my attention and I didn't have to spend time looking for bits of hose. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sycostang67 said:

Got this installed today, fit perfectly.  The connection between the main line from the pump and the first T-fitting was pretty rotten on my old assembly, probably why I would suddenly lose control of my A/C and cruise control.  Really glad this was brought to my attention and I didn't have to spend time looking for bits of hose. 

Glad to hear it.  Mine was pretty much the same...it disintegrated in my hands.  I don't expect to have to address any vacuum leaks again...or at least not for many more years. :thumbup2:

Edited by Bullet
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I just had the same problem with the 90 deg elbow disintegrating at the vacuum pump. The other 90 deg up by the firewall didn't look so hot either. After looking over the whole system I just bought a few feet of air line from Auto Zone and did away with both elbows and a few blocked off connectors (not sure what they were for). Didn't cost me but a few bucks and twenty minutes of line plumbing time.