• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need help with ground mod, again!

Hey all!

So I thought I had this w-t ground mod in the bag, haven't been driving it much but today I decided to drive it because I'm working on the Buick.

So now I can't get two blocks without popping 150 amp breaker. Like I said I haven't been driving much really but the only thing that's changed since I did the mod a couple weeks ago is I just recently installed quadzilla, not sure if it's got anything to do with it?

I thought of just unplugging quad, but will it even run right?? Plus having quad installed doesn't make sense why the breaker is popping anyhow.

Any advice? I thought I read somewhere were someone was having a similar issue, but he had all kinds of after market accessories?? (I don't)

Thanks! Don

2 hours ago, dieseldon said:

Thanks Dripley, I can tell you the breaker I bought is a cheap Chinese, (zookoto?)

Might be the problem?

I'd be trying another 

Totally off topic here.. my wife bought a new microwave last weekend, made in china.... the 4 feet it sat on ... not one was level with any of the others, put something in it and turn it on and it turned into a breakdancing R2D2

Thanks hdpwimonkey,

I almost ordered that one but decided to go for the "blue sea system" , a few bucks more, seems to be identical to that buss? But also had prime, just installed and so far so good.

P.S., glad to see the sight back up, someone had a fun couple days!! ?? (Mike)

• Owner

Sorry for the down time on the site. I was turning to update the software and there was configuration issue with caching and caused all kind of problems. The Software techs found the issues and got it fixed. Lots of updated functions in the software. Look around... 

As for 150A breaker I've still got mine and it was a china made cheapy breaker. Now I've got one truck that refuses to run a 150A breaker at all. I've got a brand new fuse for it. 150A fuse. The biggest problem the owner never told me any condition of what causes thew breaker to pop. The only way the Amp increase is because of a failed alternator that is shorting out. The alternator can only produce 136 Amps and wide open charge rate. Least with my case it is... Alternator bench tested and working as designed. Just can't figure out how it getting past 150 amp breaker?

Thanks for all the replys,

I guess I do have one more question on this ground mod, I get the whole mopar ground wire nonsense and sorry if I missed this somewhere. But why are we not using stock pdc alternator positive location?

I wasn't blowing fuses there, if I continue to have issues with this breaker I might consider going back to that?

11 hours ago, dieseldon said:

Thanks for all the replys,

I guess I do have one more question on this ground mod, I get the whole mopar ground wire nonsense and sorry if I missed this somewhere. But why are we not using stock pdc alternator positive location?

I wasn't blowing fuses there, if I continue to have issues with this breaker I might consider going back to that?

If it was not blowing fuses at the PDC then relocating to the passenger should not be the issue. The circuit breaker would be suspect to me.