• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New tires!!!

Hey everyone,Well I've got some new meats to be put on tomorrow morning after class!! Now I know everyone is wanting to know what they are..... You'll just have to wait!!!!:tongue:But I will give you a hint... they are black, round, and made out of some sort of synthetic rubber...:tease: Oh and they're expensive!!:spend:Later,Winslow

Do you guys own stock in sun shades? :lol: Those things look like you will never get stuck again. If it were me I would be switching between those and the old ones depending on if I planned on going off road or not. Hmmm guess you don't have 2 sets of wheels lol. O well, they look like they will be a lot of fun in the snow :hyper:

I'm back from the NHRDA races and tires did really well! I've only got about 500 miles on them so far but really like them! They are Fierce Attitude they used to be Kelly Fierce, then Goodyear bought them, then maybe Dunlop bought them from what I understand. They are an E range tire and look awesome!!!!!!!:hyper::hyper:

And they are 315/75R16. They rub a little on the driver's side fender corner when I turn sharp so I'm going to trim it a little and buy a set of control arms from Top Gunz probably tomorrow if I get a chance to help push the axle back forward from the level job.:thumbup2:

Yeah I don't like sun beat interiors so we've got shades on every car! The blue Bug is a '71 that runs and is lowered about 3". I used to drive it to school for 2 1/2 years and really like it. But recently the fuel line decided to start leaking so that needs fixed. What we're thinking about doing to dropping the motor and sticking it in our '73.:thumbup2:

The black Bug is a '66 and is really clean. It is sporting a 1200cc engine and runs pretty nicely. It needs a new muffler though!!:mad:

--- Update to the previous post...

Also I forgot to add that they cost $992 with tax mounted and balanced.:thumbup2:

I almost went with the Fierce MTs, but ultimately ended up with Hankook DynaPro MT RT-03s in a 295-75-16. Was $848 m/b. I really like them, too. I've got 'em on a 16x10 wheel, and i rub a little on the inner liner (driver's side) in the back, and the pinch-mold on the pass. side.. I'm putting a leveling kit on it this week, and will ultimately get extended LCAs, but those won't be this week, due to too much of :spend: these past couple of weeks.I did notice a bit more 'load' on the truck on take-offs, over the 265-75 Scorpions I took off, but those street tread were worthless in the rain or anything that didn't involve hard-surface..I need flares, now.. :rolleyes:

Yeah they were pretty good deal really. I rounded my fender corners off a little bit just now and ordered some control arms from Top Gunz. That should take care of my rubbing issue!!:thumbup2:Hankooks were the other tire that I could have gotten for the same price but I went with these insteat because I liked the looks of them!!!:drool:

Next project I vote you do a write up on how to properly pick paint color, hardener, clear coat, etc etc sanding, spray gun for your hood. That's one thing I don't know much about, paint and body.

Yeah I need to do that. Probably won't happen this year though due to the cold coming and painting outside isn't much fun!!:banghead:

What I really want is a cowl induction hood for it!!!!!!:drool:

--- Update to the previous post...

Just got my tow mirrors installed!!!!!:hyper:

Posted Image

Where did u get the row mirrors? They give you much install trouble?

I ordered them off Ebay from AM-Autoparts.com. They cost $180 shipped and bought the brackets for $30 from another guy on Ebay. Then bought all new door panel pins from Napa for like $20!! I reccomend you do that before you start.:spend: They weren't too hard to install, just make sure your don't pinch the wires and as always, extra hands help!:thumbup2:

Those are the exact ones I got. Just remember to order the brackets too. I think the guy I got them from was Stevewiseauto or something like that on Ebay.:thumbup2: