• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Full Blown Hijacker's Thread........

JAG1

• Staff

Startin' this off with needing a good small carry pistol in the .22 magnum range. Lots of rounds. Something reliable for protection when metal detecting lonely strange places. Lots of cougar in one area I'm going more.

Feel free to hijack too :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
1 hour ago, dripley said:

You had to know that was coming.

You can just tell it's a for sure thing :lol:

I've been looking at the 9mm's as well. I like the Ruger SR 1911, the Colt 1911 which I think may be a 45. Really like the Mossburg MC 20 compact for it's size and looks. Need to check reliability on all these before calling around for any of them. Right now just going by You tube Vids. I like the pocket size, not the micro mini size revolvers, just too small.

This bug got started when I had a new 9mm Kimber in my hands yesterday. Nice stainless pistol for around $559. Came home looked it up and it's had some issues from other owners.

• Staff
2 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Hard to believe a kimber had issues. They're regarded as a very well made hand gun. I've held one or two. Very nice. I've never shot one though.

I am still considering that one as well. It is very nicely made, beautiful pistol.

2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

It is a .45.  I have a 1911 and you've shot it at the Bridgeport range.  It pack a punch but I find it a little to heavy to carry around.

DSCN0333.jpg.4a0bc5814b2efc52a3d3d020203bdbf4.jpg

I think my shots can be more consistent with a little lighter gun and not pack so much punch. I think it wise to go to the 9mm.

22 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I have a tanfoglio witness 9mm based on a CZ75, full size. Great gun

I will look at this one thank you for the tip.:thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

I really like .40 with good ammo it packs a punch, easier to shoot then a .45 more rounds etc. Although I did qualify with a .45 when I first got my ccp, even instructor said " everyone brings a 9 mm because they're scared to not qualify with a bigger one " that's all I had at the time, still got 95% however they counted that. You had to shoot five rounds, then reload then shoot five more, I believe one of my rounds was just on the edge of inner circle that's why they took five points off. I told the guy I was nervous being everyone's watching, he said you were going to be good even if you were inside the target itself which was about the size of a frying pan :lmao:and here I was trying to hit a 5-in circle :lmao:

On the other note they say 22 is like the deadliest round

• Like 1

• Owner

Kind of like my Dad's Fire Star which was made in Spain. No longer produced. No parts available for it. No extra clip. No good holsters for this pistol. Only reason I would upgrade is to get a name brand weapon so I can get parts, clips and possibly a holster I wanna wear not these custom rebuild things.

• Staff
7 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Remember, Pope John Paul II was shot, in 1981, 4 times with a 9mm and it did not kill him.   That was either Devine intervention or 9mm is not that lethal of a round compared to a .40 or .45.       

They say it's all about accuracy with these small calibers.

Dieselfuture, why do they say that .22 is the deadliest rounds? Is it because of the small size combined with velocity in the Magnum rounds?

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Owner

I tend to like the smaller calibers being its easier to keep your aim going. Large hand guns with more recoil takes even longer to re-aim and focus again. Small calibers you can pump rounds fast and keep your aim good. That one thing I wanna do this spring is do a bit work with my pistol and fire a few rounds again. Been awhile since I've had a chance.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Dieselfuture, why do they say that .22 is the deadliest rounds? Is it because of the small size combined with velocity in the Magnum rounds?

I believe it's because the round doesn't always go through and tumbles inside doing more damage. What I heard at least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1