• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dap 7x0010 injector problems

• Owner

Problem the Edge Comp is lacking in the proper timing for 150HP injectors. The Edge Comp is tuned based on STOCK injectors and then gives an added punch of timing for STOCK injectors. Now with Larger injectors they can inject faster and larger amounts in a shorter time. (Duration). With all this fuel coming in so faster you need to advance timing more to allow for all that fuel to turn to vapor to go BANG! Stock timing will always be smokey with large injectors. 

Now similar show of this. I got @Jthortruck going with new +50 HP injectors in his 95 Ford F-350. Stock injectors were washed out and done but no smoke. Now fresh +50HP injectors and now it rolling coal really really easy. This is that added fuel but the stock ECM is not adding more timing to make up for the faster shot of fuel so you get smoke. 

Even the new +50HP injectors I installed in "Thor" the 2006 smoke a bit too. Again stock timing can deal with the larger shot of fuel in a short duration of timie so smoke is created. In both cases if I had the means of adding a bout +2 degrees to both truck the smoke would clear up. Being the 2006 Dodge and the 1995 Ford are both computer driven then each one needs a programmer to clean up the smoke and tune in for efficiency. 

• Like 2

So I got the injectors back today. When I Originally called and explained my symptoms and asked what pop pressure they were set to I was told they were set to 310 when I called. Spoke with dap Friday to check on status. Was then told they all tested within 9 psi of each other witch was still in spec but they lowered a bit and should help. Get them today with test results and they all tested 289-299 range and now there set to 290? Stated on test sheet ac problem,programmer problem,or weak vp. I told them I had a ac bypass belt on. Vp is reman and I had disconnected the quad. no problems since swap. Is 290 ok? Seams a little low to me. Thanks. 

20210427_183701.jpg

Thanks @Mopar1973Maninjectors re installed yesterday ran out of daylight primed and started up today. initially installed primed up in like 30 seconds after installing. This time it took about 5 key bumps to get fuel  to cylinders  1 3 4 and 5 to start. Same symptoms. Maybe my vp is getting weak after bigger injectors. 

@Mopar1973Manquick summary. Bought the truck mid winter. started really rough and smoked until warm. Noticed the battery guage didn't drop when grid heater solenoid clicked. Bought it for a decent price. Sure enough the grid heater solenoids were bad. 75$ later truck was turn key. 30 k on rebuilt trans stock stall converter have the paperwork. Had slight idle haze and could smell the unburnt fuel. Driving there was no smoke good pedal response. 217k on stock injectors 1 owner truck. so I bought the dap 7x.0010 dap vco injectors. Quadzilla adrenaline. Bd stealth cover. installed all at the same time. Quad on stock setting just to see fuel pressure. fass titanium 165 gph fuel is fine. 150 injectors no smoke on stock tune. Even removed quad. no smoke driving like I stole it lol. And obviously now loping idle wanting to stall only when put in gear for the first time unless I put in park and put in gear again. Going to take it to work tomorrow and just turn it right up for the first time and see what happens. a stock truck with 150 injectors should have some smoke. Maybe being at sea level and building my own true 4" Id intake gives enough air? Vp is reman 3 years as ago maybe getting weak? Maybe bd stealth cover tap screw over tightened? I have 12.3 volts. Any more insight would be appreciated. Alot of good help on here. Thanks again. 

My 7x10 vco are still smokeless at idle, I asked DAP to set them at 320 bar back when I got them. I never tried running them without the quad to see if they smoke under load. I'm guessing with my turbo and 7x10s I'm probably in a good ballpark where they wouldn't smoke much. 

@DieselfutureI to would like @dap to elaborate on that. I was told by dap that I would have to start fuel trim at 85-90% at 0psi to stop smoke. But 150 injectors only flow 80% of fuel vs stock injectors? Definitely banging my head right now. 

@DieselfutureI'm not looking to roal coal every where I go. Want a clean powerful daily. at this point I'm wishing I kept stock injectors and just put the quad in. Just want to figure out why it wants to stall when put in gear. It's not the tc. Barely any engine load sitting still in gear. If I get on the skinny pedal quick after putting in gear I get one quick buck then all the power is there. If I just put in gear and hold breaks it lopes bad. Let off the break it starts jumping rpm up and down until I give it gas then it settles out. Thanks 

@DieselfutureMaybe I should start fuel at 120% if there only pushing 80% vs stock lol.

I get a slight haze when started and first put into gear (I run with grids disconnected).  Once warm no haze.  I also get no smoke unless I get on it with the quad turned up and then only a puff of black then away I go... :burnout:

When I first installed the 7x010 injectors I was worried that if I lost my quad that the truck would smoke like a train but driving around normally there is little to no smoke with the quad on 0.  I have no lope and no issues with these injectors.  When I bought mine I did new bodies and new cross-over tubes.  I wanted to ensure I had zero issues after installing and so far so good. :thumbup2:

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 5:19 PM, Cummins1401 said:

@DieselfutureI to would like @dap to elaborate on that. I was told by dap that I would have to start fuel trim at 85-90% at 0psi to stop smoke. But 150 injectors only flow 80% of fuel vs stock injectors? Definitely banging my head right now. 

@DieselfutureI'm not looking to roal coal every where I go. Want a clean powerful daily. at this point I'm wishing I kept stock injectors and just put the quad in. Just want to figure out why it wants to stall when put in gear. It's not the tc. Barely any engine load sitting still in gear. If I get on the skinny pedal quick after putting in gear I get one quick buck then all the power is there. If I just put in gear and hold breaks it lopes bad. Let off the break it starts jumping rpm up and down until I give it gas then it settles out. Thanks 

@DieselfutureMaybe I should start fuel at 120% if there only pushing 80% vs stock lol.

I honestly think 320bar with 7x10 vco from dap is where it's at for street friendly injectors and mild turbo. 

Not sure what is going on with your truck and why they lowered your pop pressure. Possible weak vp :think: I really don't know, I love my set up and it works great, although my truck almost killed me today. I'll start another thread on that.