• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I think I got a decent deal on a dually bed

• Staff

A buddy found this for me, a second gen dually bed with fenders, tail gate and rear bumper. Bed was Rino lined, under side has very little rust at all. Came with the tail lights also but they were broken. I did scavenge the led bulbs though. 

So, truth. Was $400 a decent deal for this?

Next, how to proceed, should I get the under side blasted to remove any rust then undercoat? Any other/better ideas? I'm in north west ohio so we do get salt snow and ice here. Want to do what I can to make it last before I think about swapping them. Check out the pics. Thanks!

IMG_20210424_162057779.jpg

IMG_20210424_162118693.jpg

IMG_20210424_162132947.jpg

IMG_20210424_162634649.jpg

Oh, the bed also has aluminum diamond plate rail protectors and a camo tail gate cap as well. 

The passenger fender does have a chunk out of the fiberglass but I do have the piece that goes there. I was told it could be fixed 

I'd say it's pretty good deal, not sure about undercoating and how long or well it would last. If done professionally sandblasted prepped two parts spray maybe a good idea, but the cheaper stuff in a can doesn't seem to last that long. Maybe just clean it up and paint it then put some fluid film on it. :think:

I picked up a regular long bed with a decent bumper, intact factory tail lights pretty much rust free and a little damage on the bed rails. Also had a cut out for a goose neck hitch. This for $200. Tail gate was toast though. I think we both got a good deal.

• Staff

I agree. I don't think I did bad at least for this area. It does have a gooseneck in the bed and fifth wheel rails as well. I believe both should be attached to the frame also correct? The gooseneck in my truck now is attached to the frame. I assume they would all be considering the weight they pull.

• Owner

Most the body bolts I deal with I will soak with PB blaster and then hit it with a impact gun and 90% of the time they come right out. There is a few time where I used a breaker bar and cheater pipe to get it started or broke loose and then return back to the impact gun. Very small percentage have I broke a bolt and had to EZ out it...

Edited by Mopar1973Man