• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My 2000 has a non wastegated HX35. I rarely see over 10-12 psi, if I’m loaded heavy I might see 18-19. I’m gonna dig in and see where my issues is (test for boost leaks, adjust the Smarty). Anyone running a true HX35 like this? Was this even available on a 24V auto in 2000? I’ve never seen over 20 psi loaded down at wot. Feel like I’m missing some cheap performance somewhere. Stock injectors. Raptor LP.

Edited by Andyba20

• Owner
3 hours ago, Andyba20 said:

I guess an Adrenaline is on deck. What considerations would you take in tuning this turbo vs the hx35w yours with the Adrenaline?

I'm running a HX35/40 Hybrid (60/60/12) on my truck with +150 HP VCO injectors. My current Quadzilla tune is netting me a high mark of 28 MPG. I've got enough power to spin the tires loose.

Now you could do the Smarty Touch which will give you that ability but at a cost of about $1800 for the full kit so you can write tunes. Then the max your going to get is 65 HP period because Smarty Touch on 24V Cummins is still only a CanBus tuner. Yeah Quadzilla is the best option.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

My stock hx 35 with quad and 75hp injectors would hit 40ish psi in a hurry. I now have 150ho injectors and 62/67/12 and it also hits 40psi but better power and not as hot, drive pressure is 1:1 on current set up. I'm sure it was out of wack working the hx35 to 40 psi, didn't have a drive pressure gauge at that time so just guessing. 

• Like 1

I’d be happy with a solid 35 psi, just can’t get there as is today. My plan has always been to replace with RV275 when the time comes, but maybe I’ll go a little bigger. Like always though, I prefer reliability to performance. 

• Owner
3 minutes ago, Andyba20 said:

Like always though, I prefer reliability to performance.

Same here. I slowly been walking forward. I started with...

• Stock
  • RV275 Injectors
  • +50 HP Injectors
  • +75 HP Injectors
  • +150 HP Injectors. 

As I worked my way forward I dealt with all the weakness. The biggest thing do not run oversized tires or foul the final ratio. The optimal ratio for longevity I'm finding is 3.55:1 to 3.73:1 to the ground after tires are figured in. Like I ditched the 265's and went to 245's which is a 30 inch tire but now get the final ratio to 3.69:1 to the ground providing better longevity being my EGT's at 55 MPH are so low most won't believe me. 

Screenshot_20211124-164323_iQuad.jpg

6 hours ago, Andyba20 said:

My 2000 has a non wastegated HX35. I rarely see over 10-12 psi, if I’m loaded heavy I might see 18-19. I’m gonna dig in and see where my issues is (test for boost leaks, adjust the Smarty)

6 hours ago, Andyba20 said:

I’ve never seen over 20 psi loaded down at wot. Feel like I’m missing some cheap performance somewhere. Stock injectors. Raptor LP.

21 minutes ago, Andyba20 said:

I’d be happy with a solid 35 psi, just can’t get there as is today. My plan has always been to replace with RV275 when the time comes,

There is something wrong here.  You should easily see 30 psi boost with the Smarty S03 and stock injectors with an HX35.  If I was in your shoes, I would be finding out what is wrong before I went to larger injectors or a different tuner.

My truck has the original HX35 and I have blocked the wastegate.  I have run the Smarty S03 for over 100,000 miles with 60,000 of those miles on the original stock injectors which I changed out to RV275's at 303,000 miles on the truck.  30 psi boost was easily attained even with the high mileage stock injectors.  

On another note - your signature says automatic transmission.  Shouldn't there be an HY35 on the engine?  Has the HX35 been modified in some way that maybe you don't know about?

- John

Edited by Tractorman
  • Like 1

What are you seeing for egts?

how big is the housing compared to a normal hx35w https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/hy35-vs-hx35-pics-253869/page2/

You might have a modded turbine housing to be like a first gen Cummins.. I think the h1c had something like a 16 or 21cm^2 non gated turbine housing..

• Like 1

Cruising unloaded my egt’s are around 600, towing my horse trailer loaded through the hills around here I rarely see over 950-1000, but I control them with my left foot. The housing looks stock to me, and the badge says HX35…definitely looks like the one in the link you posted but without the wastegate. 

Dieselfuture don't eat that, it's probly not real since they figured out how to make it cheaper.

Have you gotten your weekly variant yet? Mine came in the mail.

Edited 6 hours ago by JAG1

I'm unable to reply to you in that topic for some reason. @JAG1 so I'm replying in first thread I seen, delete it once you read it. 

Yeah you right about the popcorn, I'm sure it's fake like ever everything else these days. 

Haven't gotten anything in the mail wife usually checks that before it's passed on to me :lmao: 

• Haha 1

Any faster and we are gonna need next gen equipment just to view the site..

For real though, its impressive how fast this site loads.. try going to cummins forum and its slow as hell. CompD is slow but not as slow mostly because they are running a very old layout that is simple, no animations or anything. But the UI sucks to use..

Thank you @Mopar1973Man for everything you have done and are doing for our little community on here

Edited by Silverwolf2691
  • Like 2

• Owner
5 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Any faster and we are gonna need next gen equipment just to view the site..

For real though, its impressive how fast this site loads.. try going to cummins forum and its slow as hell. CompD is slow but not as slow mostly because they are running a very old layout that is simple, no animations or anything. But the UI sucks to use..

Thank you @Mopar1973Man for everything you have done and are doing for our little community on here

Your welcome. I'm trying to get the best speed possible for cell phone users. Being the lag on cellphones counts I've gotta be even faster. I'm already using next generation hardware and software. So I'll compare to Cummins Forum and I've got them beat hands down. There is another tidbit with speed the more I get the response time down the more it improves mt ranking for search engines like Google so Mopar1973Man pops up in the first page for most searches.

Mopar1973Man.Com is fully loaded in 4.1 seconds where Cummins Forum is 7.9 seconds.