• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Winter weather - What do you see where your at?

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

I've got to ask other members here, "what your are seeing for winter weather?"

Here in Central Idaho we've seen snow storm blow over but not drop much snow in the valley floor. The mountains around me are dusted in snow. Nothing deep once again. The temperature has dropped to 24*F above. Everything is frosted this morning and cold. Now I've talked to a friend down in the Parma area and he's had already a good 2 to 3 inches of snow but next day melted off. 

IMG_20211209_162414938.jpg.a69a1ca5fd406fd6cfedbdc9e66f7248.jpgNE Illinois near the Wisconsin border. Snow is non existent. Have had one dusting to speak of. Temp fluctuating alot. Lakes freeze over for a day or two then open up. Low 30s right now. Calling for near 60 middle of next week.

Edited by Max Tune
Updated 7 day

• Staff

About 33 degrees at 10 tonight. Skies clearing. You can feel it getting colder as time goes on and we get closer to the winter storm on its way in for early Sat thru Sunday. Time to get the snow shoes out possibly if you live in the Cascades. 

A bit of weather history worth looking into is the time during the great dust bowl. Note that over 5,000 people died just from the unrelenting heat wave that occured. This heat cycle went on for several years which lead up the Great Dust Bowl inwhich there was devastating drought and heat in about 5-7 states. Worth doing a search anyhow esp. knowing this extreme cycle hasn't come back to that region since those years.

Anyone ever talk to someone that experienced those horrible conditions back then? 

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
8 hours ago, Max Tune said:

Hey, that's a beautiful truck ya got there....😁😁😁

You to there Max Tune! Wasn't really looking for a dually but couldn't pass up the deal. Now I love it. 

4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

A bit of weather history worth looking into is the time during the great dust bowl. Note that over 5,000 people died just from the unrelenting heat wave that occured. This heat cycle went on for several years which lead up the Great Dust Bowl inwhich there was devastating drought and heat in about 5-7 states. Worth doing a search anyhow esp. knowing this extreme cycle hasn't come back to that region since those years.

At least someone other than myself believes these are just cycles of the planet. The politicians know this as well but have put a price tag on it. Now we will all have to pay "carbon tax" for polluting but the huge businesses I'm sure will find a loop hole. I won't rant about this here, not what this thread is for.

But yes, seems like a warm trend so far this year. 

• Owner

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Boise ID 226 PM MST Fri Dec 10 2021 IDZ011-013-111200- /O.UPG.KBOI.WS.A.0003.211211T1200Z-211215T0600Z/ /O.NEW.KBOI.WS.W.0008.211211T1200Z-211215T0600Z/ West Central Mountains-Boise Mountains- 226 PM MST Fri Dec 10 2021 ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM SATURDAY TO 11 PM MST TUESDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 20 to 30 inches above 4000 feet MSL, with 3 to 4 feet over higher mountain passes. Total snow accumulations of 10 to 20 inches below 4000 feet MSL. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph, causing localized reductions in visibility. * WHERE...West Central Mountains and Boise Mountains zones. * WHEN...From 5 AM Saturday to 11 PM MST Tuesday. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...This is a long duration winter storm with multiple periods of heavy snow. The heaviest snow is expected Saturday through Sunday morning. There could be lulls in snowfall intensity during the day on Sunday and during the day on Monday. Additionally, snow levels will rise to around 4000 feet MSL on Sunday and 5000 feet MSL on Monday, limiting snowfall accumulation below these elevations on these days. Snow will fall at all elevations on Tuesday as a cold front moves through the area. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1. &&

• Like 1

• Staff

50 mph gusts tonight with rain for us. One tree leaning excessively toward our private road is moving the ground with it. I expect that one to come down tonight. A bit over 3 feet at the base it's going to be a good load of firewood. Stay warm and safe. I know your stocked up on foods. Your going to have blizzard like conditions where you are.

We had few nights at 16f and some snow that didn't stick. Next week high of 60f on Wednesday, then cooling off. I'm sure winter is around the corner. Better keep them masks on to reduce CO2 emissions and save the planet.

Just now, JAG1 said:

Are we supposed to have masks at the other end?

No, farts go right through, it only works for bs

• Haha 1

• Staff
24 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

We had few nights at 16f and some snow that didn't stick. Next week high of 60f on Wednesday, then cooling off. I'm sure winter is around the corner. Better keep them masks on to reduce CO2 emissions and save the planet.

No, farts go right through, it only works for bs

I was hoping I deleted that before you saw it. :lol:. So send a carton of those masks to the media, right?!

Winter arriving a little late here in Colorado, started snowing Tuesday, Only dropping 3 or 4” everyday until Thursday night then 20” overnight, it’s pretty much out of here until the next system arrives on Tuesday, unfortunately  we should have snow like this starting in October, We need one of these storms at least once a week until February to get caught up on a normal snow pack so the dessert southwest can have water for the cities and suburbs, Typical total snow fall accumulation here at 8-10000 ft. elevation is around 250”. Still got a ways to go.

6BA65C69-E337-4A86-8A6A-82260C597CB8.jpeg

Truck was a little grumpy this morning at -6.degree   it’s 7400 ft. At the house 

• Like 2