• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Electronic Gauges

Ok so I ordered gauges for my 2002 3500 from DAP and I didnt specify manual gauges and they sent all electronic boost, fuel, and egt. I am no electronic kinda guy. Should I send them back for manual gauges or are these simple enough to hook up for a guy not so electronic smart.
Thanks

Thats what these are. Just afraid of what I dont know. My other 3500 is all manual gauges. I think Im going to send them back for manual gauges. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I would keep them. Really easy to install. I prefer the ISSPro EV2 series over any mechanical gauge now. Being the ISSPro EV2 is programmable and can have custom warning lights per each gauge. So tell me which ones you got and I can help you set up.

Isspro 2 black face

• Owner
4 minutes ago, jlwelding said:

Thats what these are. Just afraid of what I dont know. My other 3500 is all manual gauges. I think Im going to send them back for manual gauges. Thanks

Isspro 2 black face

I would like to see the back of the gauge. There is a plastic piece of trim in the back you can remove to access the USB port in back (4 pin connector) then you able to program the gauges for warning lights, lighting, needle movement etc. 

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I would like to see the back of the gauge. There is a plastic piece of trim in the back you can remove to access the USB port in back (4 pin connector) then you able to program the gauges for warning lights, lighting, needle movement etc. 

No trim, no usb plug in.

• Owner

I'll have to show you. I'll pull one of my gauges tomorrow and get photo of it. There is a main port (6 pin) that you'll see. Then just below it you may see the other smaller 6 pin plug this is the USB port. There is a plastic part on the square opening that you can break out with a pair of needle nose pliers. Again I would have to see a photo of the gauge back I can tell you. 

image.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

The most complicated part of the install is getting power, and if you are going to utilize the lighting in your manual gauges, then you'll be doing the same thing anyway.

I have the same gauges as mentioned above, and have never bothered with purchasing a cable to "program" the gauges.  Just not worth it to me.  So, don't think that that is a complicated task that must be done, it's just a very nice feature if you ever decide to utilize it.  I came close a couple times to buying the cable just to make the gauges dim at the same rate as the truck's display, it's just a little off.

• Owner

I bought the cable its pretty cheap. Then even for me I had to set up a Virtualbox with Windows. Then I could run the software on my Ubuntu Linux PC to set the gauges. The biggest thing everyone likes about these gauges is the RED warning light. When I do sell a set of gauge for clients I always take the 30 seconds and program the gauges for what they are set up for. Like EGT's warning light is set for 1,200*F. Boost depending on the limits of there turbo, fuel pressure 13 or lower the light is tripped. Then trans temp I set for 220*F. Now you just notice the red light in level on the a-pillar and know exactly what is going on without even looking at the gauge. For example mine are from top to bottom... Boost, Fuel pressure, and EGT's so if like yesterday it was really cold and my fuel start to thicken a bit and pressure dropped below 13 for a few miles but I knew what was going on without even monitoring the gauge because the center gauge lit up and I knew pressure is lower than 13 and quick glance it was 11 to 12 PSI. I kept truckin' soon the fuel warmed up and pressure popped back up to 17 like normal warning light went out. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

They're a bit pricey.

They are. They're also apparently Made in USA, if that helps. I also can't remember ever reading about someone having problems with them, though surely someone has.

Isspros here as well. Had an issue with mine and it turns out that one of the Isspro employees was on Cummins forum I think. His name was Michael Pliska. He helped me get everything straightened out. Issue was a design update of the gauge between when got one and when I got the other 3. Wiring was simple enough, I did get the programming cd and cable (doubt I could find it now..) but nothing seemed to get programed when I did the change. Probably user error at this point. The only issues I have is my boost gauge occasionally goes max travel on its own and my EGTs sometimes are doubled. My gauges are close to 5 years old now and the issue happens infrequently enough that I don't worry about it. It is on the list however to look at.

10 hours ago, LorenS said:

They are. They're also apparently Made in USA, if that helps. I also can't remember ever reading about someone having problems with them, though surely someone has.

Think you found him lol. 

I'm not unhappy with the gauges, a bit disappointed at the hiccups I've had but overall I'd get them again

Edited by Silverwolf2691

• Owner

To be honest... The only hiccup I've had was way back in 2016 when @MoparMomwas in the hospital for kidney failure I lost my EGT gauge it just stopped moving completely for the stepper motor of the needle. Contacted Michael as well at ISSPro and had him replace it under warranty. Kept trucking... The only thing I want to change is grab my fuel pressure gauge and slow the needle movement up so I don't hear the ticking noise of the stepper motor and the trans temp I want to adjust it even slower this one really ticks too much. Then a bit of light matching... But first get some time to work on my own trucks again.