• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

FNG

Spdfrk

FNG here just saying hello. I'm from the Bourbon Capital & actually work at a distillery. My gem is an '01 2wd Sport 6spd and even though it's 20+yrs old & they get a bunch of crap because of the VP44, I still love them. Seems like quite a few knowledgeable ppl in here so excuse me for asking questions. Before & after of my 3rd 2nd gen820996075_ZomboDroid25012022103629.jpg.05f0decbe1acbed501b75323c2f511e3.jpg

• Like 3

• Owner

Welcome to the family of Cummins Nuts. I've gotta say that is a very beautiful truck you've got there. 

1 hour ago, Spdfrk said:

Seems like quite a few knowledgeable ppl in here so excuse me for asking questions.

Oh trust me ask away on anything like @W-T above my post is a electrical wizard. Someone will step up and help with what they know. Surprise though is we've got members from all over the globe that have different skills at different things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Owner
1 hour ago, Spdfrk said:

they get a bunch of crap because of the VP44,

VP44 has been considered a solid injection pump by us over here being there is several members tha can put 250k miles and better on a VP44 without failure. 

4 ways of killing a VP44...

• Fuel pressure below 14 PSI
  • AC noise in excess of 50mV AC
  • Filtration above 3um
  • Lubricity above 460 HFRR (US ~520 HFRR)

Then there are nuts like me that create a ~500 HP truck to the ground with 28.04 MPG high mark for economy that i just broke that this last summer. Nothing wrong with VP44 truck. I will warn I ultimately killed a head gasket getting carried away with tuning and pushing more and more power out which blew the head gasket. I tend to fall into the Economy Guru realm... 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Staff
13 minutes ago, Spdfrk said:

What is on the side of your truck? I've never seen anything like that before.

I think it is a ham radio Antenna base.

Welcome to the forum!

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Then there are nuts like me that create a ~500 HP truck to the ground with 28.04 MPG high mark for economy that i just broke that this last summer. Nothing wrong with VP44 truck. I will warn I ultimately killed a head gasket getting carried away with tuning and pushing more and more power out which blew the head gasket. I tend to fall into the Economy Guru realm... 

Edited 8 minutes ago by Mopar1973Man

500rwhp & 28mpg sounds perfect.  Ima need to replicate that, hell I'd be happy with 25mpg & 500 lol I feel bad because I've got quite a few questions but not really used to forums & looking up previous discussions so I'd hate to start stuff over again.

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

I think it is a ham radio Antenna base.

Welcome to the forum!

@SpdfrkYes, the configuration is a low frequency mount for Amateur Radio. I do not cross over into electronic communication wizardry on this site. It's merely another facet of interest accomplished with insanity but, it pairs well with 2nd Gen diesels due to the fact that our platforms are completely quiet RF wise. There is NO motor noise to compromise weak signal radio communications.

You will find some real accomplished Gurus on this site. @Mopar1973Man is the proprietor and his contributions going back 20 years is what attracted me to this site. The administration of this site is undoubtedly the most helpful regarding the diesel enthusiast. If you find subject matter from the historical past and you wish to reiterate or clarify the subject, please do so. Everyone here will be compelled to jump into the fray to provide answers.

Again...your truck is exceptionally bitchen...it is a real gem!       

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Owner
2 hours ago, Spdfrk said:

500rwhp & 28mpg sounds perfect.  Ima need to replicate that, hell I'd be happy with 25mpg & 500 lol I feel bad because I've got quite a few questions but not really used to forums & looking up previous discussions so I'd hate to start stuff over again.

All you got to do is start a new thread "subject" and everyone will jump in and help. There is all walk of life here. So there are guys here that build for racing performance and others like rancher and farmer just want a good running work truck. We've got ya covered.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Well I got a quick call to @Spdfrk and gave him a warm welcome but got called to run help unload to Genrac Generators for a friend. 

Popped up on my phone "Idaho" and I was getting ready to deny it but it said Verified. I was really confused & intrigued so I had to answer it lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I feel bad because I've got quite a few questions but not really used to forums & looking up previous discussions so I'd hate to start stuff over again.

Not as much of a worry on here as you would on say competition diesel (CompD) or Cummins Forum (CF). Our search function also works relatively well compared to other forums. 

Also sometimes its good to bring stuff back up because things change and sometimes there are new products that come out or new ideas that might help others.

• Like 2

• Owner
11 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Also sometimes its good to bring stuff back up because things change and sometimes there are new products that come out or new ideas that might help others.

Another reason I allow the forum software to archive and lock 1 year or old post. Allows anyone to look back at old history and then since its locked the new topic will now be populated with newer up to date information that way. One of the few things I don't like about CompD and CF the don't ask questions and use the search feature answer. If search these sites you end up with is a bunch of information that is old or out of date. Better solutions aren't talked about etc. The other feature here at M73M is the fact anyone could start off with a stellar write up on doing something to there truck and I can single click promote that forum post to a article database in a second. This way we are not searching all over the forum for common articles like over at CF or CompD. A matter of fact I started with HTML pages well before I even thought of the forum. That was the starting of M73M was www.frontiernet.net/~mopar1973man was the first website in 2004 which was only article pages till 2007 that was when I got the domain name mopar1973man.com and upgrade to vBulletin 3.8.x. Story continues on...

• Like 1

CompD is the hardest site to get up to date info on. I'm not a member there but I dig through for sled pulling setups and turbo reviews and similar and most of the stuff I find is 2008-2013.. occasionally I find a 2018-2021 post. I think the other thing that hindered them was they pushed the forum onto Facebook and now there is much less traffic on the actual forum..

CF has sooo many members that its almost never gonna be not up to date, but a lot of them are the younger, coal roller type..