• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone here run Gloshift gauges?

• Staff

I know Gloshift aren't the best gauges out there, Probably not the most accurate and a budget alternative to better brands such as autometer or isspro. I need to get some gauges on soon, especially fuel pressure. I recently had a lift pump fail and don't want to be surprised like that again. I'll add a FP gauge first and boost and EGT soon to follow. 

Anyone here run the Gloshift gauges? How good/bad are they? I'm sure they'll do for a while until budget allows upgrades. I don't have any big mods, mainly stock truck with plans on bigger injectors and boost elbow this spring or summer to have a bit more pulling power to tow our 36' 5th wheel.

• Owner

After doing gauge for others and have to install twice because of low quality gauges. I would only go back to ISSPro, Autometer, Steward Warner, and a few other quality names. I installed a trans temp in the 96 Dodge I sold was also a Glowshift gauge and I hate to say it but it was poor quality as well.

22 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

After doing gauge for others and have to install twice because of low quality gauges. I would only go back to ISSPro, Autometer, Steward Warner, and a few other quality names. I installed a trans temp in the 96 Dodge I sold was also a Glowshift gauge and I hate to say it but it was poor quality as well.

The Isspro mechanical fuel pressure gauge, its just a snubber and needle valve assembly, right? Also does it work off the dimmer switch the way the picrol does?

• Owner
13 hours ago, jlwelding said:

The Isspro mechanical fuel pressure gauge, its just a snubber and needle valve assembly, right? Also does it work off the dimmer switch the way the picrol does?

Correct. The older EV series is machanical and all it needs is a snubber at the tap point and hook up the gauge light to panel lights.

I've gone through a few of gloshifts gauges over the years. I got maybe 2 years out of my last one.

When I bought my truck, it had a boost guage, trans temp guage, and the pyrometer, all gloshift.. All failed within the first year of owning the truck, but they were "cheap", so I bought new ones to replace them. 

When I bought a new boost gauge, it rattled upon installation, so I sent it back so they could "test it". They told me nothing was wrong with it, that it was the location in the intake elbow that was causing it to rattle, and I would be charged more for shipping it back to me. 

I refused to take it back, so they charged me the bull crap restocking fee and I only got some of my money back. The guy was a double, but I was young at the time, so I didn't really stand my ground. All in all, horrible customer service, cheap quality. My second set of the other gloshift gauges failed a couple years after replacing. 

I've had a isspro fuel pressure gauge installed shortly after I bought the truck 10 years ago, and it still works great, and that's without a snubber valve on it...(I need to get that installed) It may cost more, but it's worth it in the long run.

• Owner

You get what you pay for you want cheap your going to get cheap quality. 

I'll admit Autometer and ISSPro are expensive BUT you get the quality behind that price. Still to this day I would rather build using ISSPro EV2 series gauges over even the ISSPro EV (Mechanical). Being the is no tubing or live fuel in the cab. The electrical is extremely easy to set up and even daisy chain gauges together, huge bonus. The programmable relay option of the EV2 is cool for thing like trans temp gauge to have the relay to control your cooling fan. All USB adjustable inluding warning lights for out of range values. For example EGT gauge set the warning light for above 1,200*F temps. That way you will see that little red LED glow when temp are out of range and don't need to watch close just mind the light position and you'll know which gauge it is. 

• Like 1

I've been running a full set of Glow shift gauges for 7 years now, boost/EGT/FP/Trans temp.  I had one issue when I installed them, the FP gauge wasn't working quite right.  I called customer service, they had me run a few tests and deemed I needed a different harness which had resistors installed.  They sent me the new harness at no cost to me, I swapped it in and it's been working fine.  The only other issue I had was about 2 years ago, one of the LEDs quit working in one of the gauges so now I only have 5 colors to choose from instead of 7.  When I decide to upgrade I will mostly likely go with isspro, but for now I have no regrets going with Glow shift originally.  

• Like 2