• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Should be a good year for the truck!

• Staff

I can't remember if the Central Timer Module is the only one that controls keyless entry? I don't remember anything about the PCM having any role in the keyless entry aspect of it. 

We both have 01 Trucks but yours came from the factory with keyless entry, and mine did not. I have since added a Compustar keyless entry alarm system to mine though.

• Staff

@Mopar1973Man Do you know if a 2001 manual 6 speed truck (mine) would run an auto trans with the manual PCM? The auto trans would shift 1st - 3rd, but not have OD or trans temp alert?

Sycostang's truck is a 01 but his came with keyless entry and security, and my 01 Sport came with everything except for keyless entry and security. 

• Owner
15 hours ago, 01_Cummins_4x4 said:

@Mopar1973Man Do you know if a 2001 manual 6 speed truck (mine) would run an auto trans with the manual PCM?

No. There is no way to deal with the governor for shifting you have governor pressure sensor and the governor solenoid that controls the pressure. You would have to have both ECM and PCM reflashed to operate correctly 

23 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

final ratios are a wrong

Back when I was investigating this for fun, I decided I'd choose the 5-speed if I was going that route.

Isn't shift timing something that's adjustable in those controllers?

If a guy just had a pile of money to do a conversion, is there a good one? The ZF out of a Ford? A GM 6L90? Somehow an AISIN? Do our ECMs speak J1989 (or whatever SAE speak) to communicate with a Fuller Auto-Shift or Ultra-Shift (the automated version of BlueOx01's manual trans).

Or are we auto guys stuck with 47RE/H transmissions?

And by pile of money Imy talking Saudi prince or Jeff Bezos, etc.

Edited by LorenS

• Owner
1 hour ago, LorenS said:

Isn't shift timing something that's adjustable in those controllers

Not that I know of. That was the problem with the one I've been talking to it shifts early and in top gear at 70 MPH is only 1,600 RPM so he's stuck manually shifting all the time because shifting early to the next gear and running too low in RPM in top gear hence the final ratio is wrong too. Now this makes it complex for tweaking a Quadzilla tune on this truck too because of the ratio and cruise rpm.