• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thinking out loud...

• Owner

I am starting to realize I'm not the young puppy anymore. My last project was a 1996 Chevy 1500 4WD for ball joints, tie-rod ends both inner and outer, and idler arm and pitman arm. After the beating I took on this job my physical body can't do this everyday. I'm going to go back what I enjoy more, website work, phone support and working on Cummins trucks. Even that I'm going to be selective of what I'm willing to do.

Not to mention all these years I was busy taking care of Mopar Mom (RIP Feb. 2020) now I'm free to do as I wish. My focus is getting my RV ready and Beast ready for a run out to Mono Village with @JAG1 and @IBMobile which have been doing this trip for years. No more, if i gotta get a loan im going on this trip. Ive not had a vacation it quite awhile. I want to be able to travel beyond Boise - Lewiston realm. My life isn't just about my job and grocery shopping. I wanna leave Idaho and go see  other states and friend off the web site. 

Yeah I know I've got lots of things here needing to get done. I've got stuff of both my parents I've got get sold or donated. I've got home repairs to do as well as upgrades I've got planned.

Just been a rough patch between Mopar Mom passing, then COVID, then Russian War, and fuel prices going sky high. Everything has been keeping here just working, sad part is I end up working my weekends most times. Yup, I'm working myself to to death. Like as I lay here in bed typing this I can feel the soreness in my hip and lower back.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

Yeah I've focused here since 2004 when my step father passed away (RIP Dad). I couldn't just walk away from my Mom and leave her trying to manage this place on her own.

Like I've got NewsMax on and listening how Biden is driving inflation right along. Just makes me sick every time I just try to look forward to get out there is always something going to foul up my goals, screw it I'm just going.

• Like 1

• Owner

As I'm down here chatting with Mark my renter I'm getting a game plan today for getting Beast fixed up, cleaned up and ready to haul the RV.

Ok I'm going to let another cat out of the bag. I'll be the first Cummins Forum that is filing a LLC as a private owner. Yup I've got big plans for the website but gotta be patient as the paper work is filed. Soon as I get the paperwork stating it filed we will be...

Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

Yes there is plans to get the store back up soon. Again I've gotta be patient for software to become available.

Switching back... im going to get working for my trip. @JAG1 and @IBMobile are not going to let me stay home.

• Like 4

• Staff

I think Biden is making the whole country sick. Congress should appoint replacements for Kamala and Biden ASAP.

I agree with Threadzy you got to go when your young. 03 is when I bought my truck camper and ever since I have been going places. I now look back while some very real physical limitations arise these days. Makes me so glad, places Ive been mean more to me now than ever before. It's very important.

You know it's not just the memories it's also the ability to look forward to another trip that gets the blood pumping so good for you.

• Like 3

• Owner

Here you go... Beast is in the shop brake line removed off the front passenger brake caliper. NAPA screwed up and gave me the wrong brake line. This is on hold for another day. As for the RV I got out there fired up the furnace and started cleaning the RV up I've got to clean the carpets fast. Wash counter tops and bathroom. I'm stepping up to get this show going and ready. 

• Like 2

• Staff

Ive got the oil changed, just need to clean up the inside of the truck and camper from the last trip to Arizona,, grease all the zirks, check all fluids, wheel lug torque and fill up with propane.

• Owner

This morning I've gotta run go get the brake line. Then run up the mountain fire up the water for the year. Then come back and install the brake line and bleed the system. Finish up the RV and get it all ready. I still got to plan a trip to ontario of my A/C cover on the RV.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I turned 60 1st march this year, got arthritus in both hips and spine, both hips need replaced.

That said I don't do nothing well at all, well I'll rephrase that.... I cannot go long without messing with something mechanical, everyday it's getting harder but I'm sure if I stopped I'd be siezed up like a bricklayers wheelbarrow.

Went to Finland for 5 days in March and we're driving to Denmark on 1st June for 2 weeks for my brother in laws 70th (He's lived in Denmark for 40 ish years) my wife hasn't seen him for maybe 8 to 10 years, they speak on the phone but he's pretty much Danish now and difficult to understand but a day or so face to face and he reverts back to speaking English sort of.

We're then going from his place to another part of Denmark to a cottage at the sea for a week  then driving home, around 900 mile to get to his place, 250 to get to the cottage then whatever to get home.

Was thinking about taking the truck and trailer but size meant it would be commercial for the ferry crossing so WAY expensive, then thought about going in the truck but again car sizes in ferries aren't Ram size here, so Volvo XC40 it is.

I'm still working and determined to carry on BUT I'm taking time out also now

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

Just keep doing the best you can, in spite of your ailments, as the US government becomes increasingly counterfeit in printing money and making hard working people pay for it later on with real labor. I perceive we have not abolished slavery at all when you see how much they borrow and spend. Portland Oregon has a counterfeit government that won't keep the streets clean and crime free, won't do any hard work, yet they get fat retirements and at the same time dwindle the value of our 401 K accounts by spending and spending. Portland fire chief retired with 45k a month income yet can't order the use of a simple fire hose to stop the rioting and vandals.

A possible civil war! Let the media fight that one out among themselves. They are the ones claiming it but, if we don't stop the crime we are going to see the wild west return. So with the police forces ineffective as they are, allowing an inch and the criminals taking a mile, why not hire undercover vets to watch the safety of our citizens. Special training licensed to go undercover everywhere they go?

Edited by JAG1

Thing is while arthritus is painful it's not life threathening unlike some things so that's a blessing.

Seems both the USA and the UK are sat right in the same boat.

Get this there was a documentary  on TV thursday night about our NHS.  National Health Service, which is free at point of use, we pay a tax called National Insurance for it our whole working lives.

Our NHS is on it's knees and this is what the documentary was about, reporter interviewed a 93 year old woman that had called an ambulance and had spent THREE DAYS on a trolley in a corridor in A&E, there must have been 30 to 40 people easy on trolleys in this corridor with maybe  30 ambulances outside waiting to offload patients, that's 30 vehicles that cannot attend phone calls for emergencies, this was just at one hospital.

They played a phone call from a woman that had called regarding her husband who had 2 days earlier been sent home after major heart surgery, he'd collasped, no ambulance available even though it should have been max 18 minute wait, they waited hours and he died while his wife was on the phone begging for an ambulance.

• Sad 1

• Staff

Our health industry, not quite that bad, yet, is heading a bad direction as well. We hear more and more about major overcharges and scamming codes to cover up what the bill is really about. If you use your Medicare for a major surgery that costs lots of money Medicare can place a lien on your home and force you to sell the property. So in this sense it isn't insurance at all. Most doctors are just pill freaks participating in the huge pharma money flow. Many never bolstering the persons immune system health to solve the problem only to get as quickly as they can out of the appointment time involved with each patient.

On the other hand our Agricultural industry is allowed to do things that continually compromise our immune systems, causing numerous cancers and other ailments across America. It is amazing the things farmers are forced to do in the wake of taxes and other direct/ non direct gov't expenses just so they can stay afloat.  I am starting to raise our own food... maybe even get a cow name it 'MoparCow'