• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar1973Man's Adventure to California

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Well I think I'm going to start a diary of my adventure. As today I've been getting the last bit of work done here before leaving. I've got to do some last minutes stuff and get the last packed up. I'll continue to update this thread as I go. I'll post photos and just keep everyone updated.

My ATV is ready. I've aired up my bicycle and rode out to the mailbox and back. Just need to do my laundry one last time and grab more clothes. 

I've gotta head to town get propane, can of gasoline and diesel fuel.

I'm planning on getting to Parma as my first stop for food and supplies. 

• Like 3

• Staff

They don't allow ATVs in the campground unless, and this is not written down, you are handicapped and have a handicap placard to prove it.  An old friend of ours, who was handicapped, would bring his golf cart.

This is from the Mono Village website   

Accommodations, Camp Sites, Campground Amenities

"All 2, 3, & 4 wheel recreational vehicles are prohibited for personal use within Mono Village. Violators will be evicted with no refund."

Years ago they had problems with some bad apples drunk and racing around the campground and a  another time little kids were operating the smaller ATVs running in to things and getting hurt.

Edited by IBMobile
  • Confused 1

• Owner

I've got a couple of 9mm and a .22 rifle is coming. ATV I won't ride in The park but might find a forestry road to ride. I'm going to be leaving early. I'll head to Parma to hang with a few friends for a day or so. I've got plans for a ATV trip over in Oregon. I'm planning on doing my last bit of laundry tonight and pack and leave tomorrow. Why wait I'm going to start early.

• Like 1

• Owner

Woke up kind of excited to get going. I've got some running around to do. It's going to be late afternoon by the time I get done with my last minute stuff. I've got to run to McCall to pick up some monies, come back hit the bank, finish my laundry and pack my clothes. I'm really hoping to be gone late afternoon.

• Owner

Well... im already started my Adventure. Try to leave at noon but my 7 pin plugs were being pain in :moon:. Finally figure out it was the RV plug and fixed the pins. 

:burnout2: G O N E :burnout2:

Made stop along the Weiser River near Council, ID.

20220505_140338.jpg

Made it to Ontario, OR and my friend Steve and Alice made me some munchies for after hour smoke. Hung around for just a little bit and hauled over to Muddy's place in Parma, ID. So here I am with the RV set up.

20220505_180535.jpg

• Like 3

• Staff
On 5/4/2022 at 7:28 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Don't get me started with commiefornia. :mad: There is a reason why I left California back in 1990.

I escaped left there in 78 :clap: Have a good time on the road Mike, safe travels. Nice time of year to go.

• Staff
3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Even though I woke up early I've got a few things to do this morning. Then later on today go out on a ride on the ATVs. Other than that I'm going to be lazy and not do much. The only requirement is go food shopping.

don't get into trouble this time following every pretty gal you see, just do food shopping, all will be well :thumb1:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

don't get into trouble this time following every pretty gal you see, just do food shopping, all will be well :thumb1:

Is stalking really a crime if you're out of town?

Asking for a friend......

• Haha 4

• Owner

Here I am settling down for the night. Got my food put away. Even ziploc all my steaks so I can thaw out a meal. Few sirloin steaks and a few pork chops. Oh I'm going to eat good while on this trip. Heck had dinner over with Muddy and family.

Oh the cord cover got installed tonight. 

I took a bit of time to grab a few more photos of beast out here looking of the ridge into Parma. Beast is still in Moose Mode. :lmao:

20220506_195615.jpg

20220506_195832.jpg

20220506_195846.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 4

• Staff
44 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Dude last night sucked. Wind storm came in howling and rocking the RV. It was about midnight when it started but got back to sleep around 3am. Oh fun. 

Now you can call it an adventure vacation.

11 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Few sirloin steaks and a few pork chops.

I hope you brought enough for everyone.  1998973997_animated-smileys-eating-drinking-1481.gif.449fd92d489eb8aaa80e68aadfc1ffa6.gif