• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Yet another setback. It's always something

• Staff

So at work on Tuesday in Illinois loading up 9 Kia's to deliver in Grand Rapids Michigan on Wednesday and as I am lifting my right leg to climb on to the trailer my left knee pops! Afterwards I could barely put any weight on it. I had to have a co-worker help me finish loading.

Once loaded went to the hotel in Portage Indiana and soaked in a warm tub of water, got some sleep. Knee was slightly better in the morning but not good. Delivered the load Wednesday and drove back to Toledo Ohio. Went to see the doctor. Doc says I strained something in my knee. Put me off work for 1 week. Or I can go in but on light duty only. No driving, loading or climbing of trucks, lol

Not overly concerned that this is going to drag out, I think I'll be fine after a week of down time. It's just annoying that doing something I've done hundreds of times now all of a sudden causes an issue and shuts me down for a week. Not to mention I am 15 days away from leaving for Florida on vacation. Life just frustrates me sometimes! Just when you think your on a roll you hit a snag.

Just thought I'd share my most recent snag with everyone. Thanks for listening.

• Sad 1

• Staff

That's weird because my hip used to do that but in an opposite way. It would start hurting so bad I would be limping into the store. Then going down a isle and turning a certain way caused it to feel like it popped back in place. After that there would be no pain for the next 6 mos. to a year till it happened again. It happened a few times but, not for several years now. Riding my bicycle seems to help in many ways. I try not to do steep hills just go easy till I get a decent enough workout.

I wounder if you should get an image of your knee at a knee doctor. You might have a minor disjoint if that's possible.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

Get healed up. I know knee injuries suck. Mine was getting into a argument with a friend in kick his motorcycle hooked my foot and had the motorcycle fell over it pulled my left knee apart. I spent 2 years healing so it would quit popping apart. Took a long time before I got the muscles back to hold the joint together. I was able at will pop my knee apart for show for at least a year. Popping it out was easy, it hurt like hell going back in.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff
On 5/5/2022 at 6:55 AM, Doubletrouble said:

So far today with the knee sleeve on for support it's doing well. Still a bit sore if I put all my weight on it but I think in a week I'll be back to good. 

I need to start exorsizing or something. I'm sure it would help. Could stand to lose a few lbs as well. 

By accident I got into bicycling and found it is the only exercize (sp.) I can do without pain. Helps and get to feel young again because after getting off I feel so great.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Get healed up. I know knee injuries suck. Mine was getting into a argument with a friend in kick his motorcycle hooked my foot and had the motorcycle fell over it pulled my left knee apart. I spent 2 years healing so it would quit popping apart. Took a long time before I got the muscles back to hold the joint together. I was able at will pop my knee apart for show for at least a year. Popping it out was easy, it hurt like hell going back in.

I won't be making you mad anytime soon...

Edited by JAG1

On 5/5/2022 at 10:32 AM, Doubletrouble said:

as I am lifting my right leg to climb on to the trailer my left knee pops! Afterwards I could barely put any weight on it. I had to have a co-worker help me finish loading.

Ouch, my brother has bad knees, sometimes he can barley walk, he's 55 but might be 250lb, my knees are good but hips and back hurt all the time I can't take Naproxen so have to take Codiene but I can't take that when working on site as it's a drugs and alchohol fail.

• Staff

My knees have been giving me trouble for a while. In 2021 I had to have surgery on my right knee for a torn meniscus and now the other one is giving me fits. 

I need to loose some weight myself. I'm tipping the scales at about 270lbs now. I'm 6'3" and have never been "thin" I'm not built that way. I am much more comfortable at 250 or less. I packed on 20lbs during the covid lock down and have yet to loose it again. Gotta work on that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Just thought I would update on this situation. 

My knee still hurts, if I step wrong or especially if I twist just a little it sends a sharp pain through my knee. I'm beginning to think it could be a tear in the meniscus. It feels very similar to when I tore the right one a year or so ago.

My last visit with the workers comp doctor was last Wednesday. He suggested physical therapy.

I still have not heard from them to schedule anything. I was told they will call me. Just to wait until I hear from them to set it all up. So far crickets. If I did tear the meniscus in this knee I don't see how physical therapy will help anyway. Maybe I'm wrong.

I did contact a lawyer to oversee the process with all of this to help me be sure that all paperwork is done properly and the company is doing their end according to law to avoid somehow being denied later due to something stupid.

I have never had a workers comp claim before so that makes me feel a little better. Now to just get the treatment I need to get back to work.

We are leaving for Florida Friday morning on a week long trip (cleared that with the lawyer to, lol) and hoping to get some of this stuff off my mind for a little while.

With all that is going on in the world and now in my own life with this injury, I have been a bit stressed. I normally don't have anxiety but recently I think I'm getting very close. Time to try to decompress. 

Edited by Doubletrouble
  • Like 1

Get ready for the usual stuff...

You need to lose weight

You should exercise more

You're getting older

Bend over so we can see how far the tear went......

Your vacation will probably do you more good than PT.

• Like 1

I got referred to a Physio a few years ago for back and hip pain, pain was that bad I couldn't sleep and it had been going on for months.

The woman was a thin as a stick and the giveaway was she was dressed in a track suit and looked like she did a marathon everyday before work, maybe around 40 to 45.

She handed me a wedge of papers and said "you need to exercise"  that was it  "bye now "  at the time I could barely walk and this fool wanted me to run everyday I didn't bother seeing her again, she was right but no slow slow just marathon everyday

• Staff

They always point out that your over weight, or you smoke or you need to exercise. Always something that you doing or not doing so it's your fault somehow. 

Do I need to exercise? Yes

Should I stopped smoking? Yes

Am I over weight? Yes

I get all that but toy can't change things overnight either. Regardless of my bad habits and not running marathons, my knee is messed up. Let's deal with that first. 

Once I'm back to good I should try to loose some weight, cut back on the smoking and get some exercise but right now it would be difficult.

Sound like an excuse but also truth.

• Like 1

I'll tell you what, it used to be a snap to lose 15-20 lbs 20-30 years ago, I'm hitting 64 next month and I can't seem to get rid of anything. I'm about 25 lbs too heavy for my comfort and I can't get it to go away.