• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pennzoil with TC-3

Just got back from walmart with a gal of Supertech 2 stroke 24.00 a gal. Went on line and ordered Pennzoil with TC 3 17.47 a gal. Im not sure but I read somewhere supertech was made by Pennzoil. Anyone know for sure?
Moderators not sure were this should go, thanks.

• Staff
3 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Not sure who makes the supertech for Walmart

There are three suppliers of oil for Walmart's Supertech oil: Warren Oil Company, Pennzoil, and ExxonMobil.

• Warren Oil Company bottles have a rectangle on the front or back of the bottle and may or may not have a capital C with a star in it on the bottom at the same time.
  • Pennzoil bottles have a capital C with a star in it on its bottom only.
  • ExxonMobil bottle will have a larger cap similar to a Mobile1 bottle with no other markings.  

Edited by IBMobile
  • Thanks 3

• Owner

This is one reason why I don't worry about store brand oils typically. Like for example NAPA oils come from a name brand source if I'm not mistaken Valvoline. All lubricants are required to meet the quality standards of the API seal on the bottles. Same with all lubricants or fluids there is a standard it must meet before it can be sold. Kind of like a old member here @dorkweed he ran 84k miles on a single oil change and was using a bypass filter. Only thing he would do is change filters, capture a sample and sent it off to blackstone for test and top off and run another 7k miles. No damage or issue with running 84,000 miles on Walmart Super Tech 15w-40 engine oil. 

• Like 2

• Staff

I read about several guys on the landscapers forum using regular motor oil to mix with the gas instead of TCW 3 or 2 stroke oil. Not one reported any problems with numerous gas powered two stroke motors on their equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

How much two-stroke oil are you guys adding to a tank?

I’m guilty of running quite a true gallons of used motor oil through my current truck. Not a lot, maybe 50 gallons over 50,000 miles.  When I had to head off there was a little bit of light deposit on the valve faces but very insignificant. There was some on the injector tips too.

some caveats: best to do it during warm weather, and long trips. I would generally limit to 2 gallons per tank.  Doing it in cold weather and short trips is asking for trouble. And shy away from synthetics and ATF.

I run very little used motor oil anymore. 

Edited by VMac822

• Owner
2 hours ago, VMac822 said:

And shy away from synthetics and ATF.

Exactly correct...

2 hours ago, VMac822 said:

When I had to head off there was a little bit of light deposit on the valve faces but very insignificant. There was some on the injector tips too.

Yeah it can build up and mess up the spray pattern of the injectors. 

ashed-injectors.jpg

dirty-inj.jpg

This is why I did all the study and work for you all to educate you to better ways of keeping your truck running at its best. 

• Owner

Kind of like looking at water it will freeze solid at 32°F but now if you add salt to the water the freeze point will fall depending on the amount of salt. Same with diesel fuel what I get is roughly around -20°F so if your adding 2 cycle oil with a pour point of -50°F it should start to pull the pour point down depending on the mixture ratio your using.