• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My dash is cracked (nothing new I know) AND I was going to replace with the one Geno sells BUT, Genos has them on back order AND I need to replace my heater core before the weather turns cold. Genos Link: http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DRD8-1 Geno is keeping the manufacturer a secret. wholesalemopar.com wants ~ $500 delivered. What other sources are there for a dash, not a dash cap?

I guess a dealer, but that isn't going to be cheap. I've heard something about if you go in there, they will replace it for like $250. Don't know if that is true or not though??:shrug:

$250 would be a deal. Caps are $100+, Genos wants ~$300 for a dash then you have the labor. For $250, I'd have them do the heater core when they're there.

• 2 weeks later...

while on this subjsct..who has a full replacement...not a cap to install over it..instrument cluster bezel?????????:banghead:

If you're talking about the trim around the instrument cluster, that should be available in the yard. Several years both diesel & gassers fit. I also saw them more readily available than dash replacements. There are lots of dash caps (and bezels) but few dashes. Regardless, it would be almost free in a yard if you have the time to look (which makes it not free).
  • Like 1

have you tried LMC

Will make a decision later this week & pull it apart sometime next. I've had a string of dashes to replace lately. It is becoming tiring. I always get done but get a least a little pita. Ram heater has the sweet smell of coolant. Yuck!!!

My dash is cracked (nothing new I know) AND I was going to replace with the one Geno sells BUT, Genos has them on back order AND I need to replace my heater core before the weather turns cold. Genos Link: http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DRD8-1 Geno is keeping the manufacturer a secret. wholesalemopar.com wants ~ $500 delivered. What other sources are there for a dash, not a dash cap?

http://www.autobodyfillersusa.com/servlet/Detail?no=115 i wonder if genos is sourcing from the same place as these guys

http://www.autobodyfillersusa.com/servlet/Detail?no=115 i wonder if genos is sourcing from the same place as these guys

Apparently that is the source. I called them. They have an injection molding plant. They start bidding on fleabay @ ~$269, sell retail @ the buy it now price and also wholesale. I've thought about instigating a group buy but the sites I frequent really aren't interested. A friend of mine who owned a plant said the mold is the most expensive part of the process and once the mold is paid for, you're into the profit. Perhaps someone knows a vendor who would be interested in brokering the deal?? Send me a pm.

I'm going to be setting my alarm at night (in my driveway). My uncracked 01.5 dash guarded by my friends, Mr Smith & Mr Wesson, Mr Colt ...

stock dashes are luck of the draw, avoiding excessive sunlight and not using armorall seems to be the only things keeping the stock dashes from cracking.

• 1 month later...
I have a 02 and when I bought it the old owner had just put a heater core in it. THe dash did not have any cracks at all:). Then about two years later there was three cracks from the screw holes at the windshield to the edge of the dash. The cracks seemed to get bigger and stated to climb over one another. So i was tring to even the crack up by tapping on the high side, BUT it broke and now I have a hole big enough I can put my hand through it:banghead:. Want to do my dash also and don't want to put this plastic stuff back on.

I have a 02 and when I bought it the old owner had just put a heater core in it. THe dash did not have any cracks at all:). Then about two years later there was three cracks from the screw holes at the windshield to the edge of the dash. The cracks seemed to get bigger and stated to climb over one another. So i was tring to even the crack up by tapping on the high side, BUT it broke and now I have a hole big enough I can put my hand through it:banghead:. Want to do my dash also and don't want to put this plastic stuff back on.

I have a friend with a diesel parts business complete with warehouse full of VPs, injectors, fuel systems etc. I've been trying to talk him into carrying the dash (not cap). He doesn't need to add more inventory but would negotiate with the manufacturer if we had some pre-sales. Does anyone know off hand where we can run a group buy? The sites I'm on don't allow it (some used to). Shoot me a pm.

stodg73,Thanks for the link to LMC!Most places start at 1998 - mine is a '95. The dash is badly cracked into about 3 pieces, looks bad, and rattles. I was going to try sticking it together with JB Weld or MarineTex epoxy, but a cap might be a better plan.Any downside to the LMC cap versus a replacement dash? Seems like the cap sticks on top of the cracked dash; replacing the cracked dash means removing the whole dashboard unit again. I just did the heater core and A/C evaporator - didn't help the already-cracked dash top. Plus the cap looks to be about $130 and the replacement is twice that (if a '95 is even available).Anyway, the cap is tempting, thanks!Regards,Andrew