• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I know this is sudden but...

Mopar1973Man

• Staff
Posted (edited)

I am not an advocate of the political mandated aspects to climate change. I am just stating what I have seen in recent years, it's alarming but, I also hope to live long enough to see the weather begin to flip flop and compensate back to what it used to be.  My experience (living and working outdoors for 40 years) causes me to easily get excited about anything forthcoming weather in the right direction. I'm still a kid... what can I say?

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I am not an advocate of the political mandated aspects to climate change. I am just stating what I have seen in recent years, it's alarming but, I also hope to live long enough to see the weather begin to flip flop and compensate back to what it used to be.  My experience (living and working outdoors for 40 years) causes me to easily get excited about anything forthcoming weather in the right direction. I'm still a kid... what can I say?

What's so alarming? The weather not breaking records all the time. The oceans are not rising. Then CO2 levels are so low that I'd it gets any lower below 0.03% all plants will die. We are currently 0.04% of CO2 content in the atmosphere. Weather broadcast that the big media produce hype the numbers using colors to make the climate change seem real. But as I found out even in Europe they do the same thing and someone posted previous year and this years temps which were the SAME. The difference was they highlight the numbers more red. 

So  do me a favor now when you start to worry about climate go out and prove the changes by looking up historic data. That I know you can't do because all weather data is locked up and no public can do their own study this way the govt can keep the narrative going of climate change. Go look for yourself. It's the truth. 

@JAG1 do yourself a favor and turn off the TV and go get you own weather station and do your own study.

17043067734795890950016272124445.jpg

• Staff

Like I said Michael I'm going by actual experience working outdoors most of my life, so seeing snow heading your way gets me excited, Rascal Head, especially after the second warmest Dec. ever recorded my friend. :punish:

• Owner

Maybe for you but I've got normal temperatures here in Idaho just little late on snow fall. Heck we have already seen zero degrees in New Meadows just a few days ago. Again do your own study get you own measurements of weather. Turn off the TV quit listening to the Climate Change hype. It's not happening. If you having warm temperatures we are not so this is not GLOBAL in any way.

https://www.weather.gov/wrh/timeseries?site=KMYL

• Staff

Mike, the Bible says we are supposed to see climate change...'' The oceans will roar and the earth shall become polluted''. That's what Jesus said over 2,000 years ago. That's God's own prophesy for the end times. You can't ague with that! :thumb1:

• Like 1

• Staff

What's happened... this place used to be the most fun forum to visit and share. Most of us couldn't wait to get our coffee and log on. It made for a ton of humor and it made our mornings. Has life become so busy we no longer have the time? :think:

• Owner
15 hours ago, JAG1 said:

What's happened... this place used to be the most fun forum to visit and share. Most of us couldn't wait to get our coffee and log on. It made for a ton of humor and it made our mornings. Has life become so busy we no longer have the time? :think:

Economy. People are looking for more FREE answers to their problems. I can't do that any longer. Consider the Mopar1973Man.Com is the LAST privately owned Cummins Diesel Forum in the World. Like Cummins Forum is owned by Vertical Scope Inc out of Canada. Diesel Bombers is owned by Internet Brands Inc.  I've got no corporation backing me or paying the bills. The subscription system keeps the bills paid in the basic sense. Yes I know there is like 95% more traffic if I let all the free people return but then no one wants to invest any money into the site because why pay if you can get the info for free? So this now comes around to the quality of the information here on the site having better value than most other sites so now people are more willing to dive in and pay the small 10 a month knowing there is a whole pool of like-minded people that want to help fix your problem. Just remember this is the 5% of the pile that sees the true value of the site here. 

Now I've managed to have a 4.5 hour conversation with a member here just a couple of nights ago. Yeah, it was the strangest thing that ever happened to me.

@hdph1957 tried to make a purchase on the store and when he PM'ed me I called him back to let him know the store is broken currently. Well during this tag team phone conversation, there is so much that we talked about for that 4.5 hours. Well, I would like to say that I'm going to get him to help out with cleaning up pages and getting the content cleaned up and readable. 

Yesterday was a long day for me. I managed to make the drive to Lewiston and get the food and supply shopping done. Yeah, I'm a bit worn out this morning but I know I'll end up having to take a nap at some point today. Even last night was a bit rough night for sleep so the up-and-down nights just make for slow days. I'm ok with that. Just like today it's OK to sit here on the couch and let my fingers do the typing and letting people know I'm still here I'm still going. 

@JAG1 you might want to do a Google search for "mopar1973man" and then look at the Google Reviews of the website there are several stating that this is the place to come for all 2nd Gen information on the Cummins 6BT and ISB engines. Like today I'm going to try and get some things fixed with the store and then be able to get that rolling again. I've got to see if I can shave off another 200 to 500ms of the server times to reach my old performance levels on the previous server I had. I'm close now but I want that winning timing so we can be the #1 Cummins Forum in all the topics I can be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

@Tractorman, I haven't had the time 

I haven't shared alot of my personal issues lately but I've been very busy.

My mother had a serious infections back in August due to diabetes, diabetic ulcers on both her legs. She was hospitalized for about 8 weeks. Just after she got to go home my dad was in a serious head on accident totalling both dodge ram 1500's involved. He is still in a nursing home for rehab. Hos accident was on Oct 27th.

So I've been busy dealing with all their stuff. Caring for mom, running around taking care of insurance issues from the accident, prepping their house for mobility purposes so they can both get around better and eliminate some of the possibility of them falling since the live in a slip level home.

It's been alot to take on and I thank my wife everyday for her jumping in to help as much as she does.

Anyway, in a nut shell, priorities have been shifted to my parents for a while and my winter preparations were kind of sidelined.

2 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I haven't had the time 

@Doubletrouble, I apologize for my remark regarding not being ready for winter.  It was meant as humor, but obviously it didn't come across that way.  I know that you have some hardships come your way and it seems that you dedicating yourself to taking care of your parents.  Very caring.  You don't need any sarcastic remarks from me.

Also, I thought I was quoting MoparMan - he lives in snow country.  In fact, he is about 90 air miles to the east from me (across the Snake River).  I think I should pay more attention to who I am quoting.

- John

• Owner

Kind of like myself I'm not ready for winter driving back and forth for my chemo treatments either. Right now I'm trying to sort out where I can stay down in the Boise valley soon so I can save the travel back and forth. Same token I'm trying to prepare my laptop and devices so I can pack up and be ready for what is coming at me next. 

• Staff
1 hour ago, Tractorman said:

@Doubletrouble, I apologize for my remark regarding not being ready for winter.  It was meant as humor, but obviously it didn't come across that way.  I know that you have some hardships come your way and it seems that you dedicating yourself to taking care of your parents.  Very caring.

- John

John you do a good job with your mom too. In your new home you have her set up very nicely, very caring as well like Double trouble. Micheal Nelso is to be commended too with all his  very long runs taking his mother to kidney dialisys. That was amazing thru every kind of weather imaginable.

• Thanks 1